Sunday, November 25, 2007

Thanksgiving Weekend

So much to be thankful for!!!!!

It has been the best Thanksgiving Holiday!

It started Wednesday with the kids home from school. We started to get our Christmas stuff out, turned on the Carols and could feel the Holiday Spirit in the air. Jason and I decided that it would be a good weekend to try to get the tiling done down in the basement. Wow! What a project! We started Wednesday night and finished on Saturday. I am lucky to be married to such a "handy" man.

Thursday we headed up to Wallsburg for a fun filled Party. We had the BEST food as usual and it was so fun to be all together. (Missing the Thompsons more than ever!) After Dinner Mom had fun Thanksgiving crafts for the kids to do. There was of course football and yummy pie. It was so fun to have my Grandma Bowden with us! Thursday night we went to the Miller's for the famous traditional Chocolate Sundae Pie. Thanksgiving wouldn't be Thanksgiving for Jason without it. Then back for more late night tiling.

Friday we worked in our basement all day long. Then that night we had a fun lights on party at the Millers.

Saturday was packed full of more projects including putting the lights on the house. (Jason was out until 11:30 p.m. on the ladder until I finally made him come in.) The highlight of the day was the Cougar victory over Utah!!! We had a fun party with Cafe Rio take out and the kids had their friends over. They all wore their Y shirts and cheered throughout the whole game.

Then tonight we ended the fun week off with putting up and decorating the tree. It was so fun to watch the kids go to town. They loved every minute of it.

I have felt more blessed then ever before and I know I have so much to be thankful for! Especially this time of year. I feel so lucky to have a such an amazing family to love and share everyday with! I feel so blessed to be a mom and get to stay home and be with my great kids everyday! I have the most incredible husband that takes such good care of all of us! He makes me so happy!! We all have been blessed with great health. I have been so lucky to have been born into the great family that I did and raised with the gospel. I have wonderful parents who are a great example to me and brothers and sisters who are my best friends. I feel lucky to have taken on the Miller name and have such great in laws. I love the beautiful place and great neighborhood I live in. I feel proud to be an American and love this great country we enjoy! Life is good and I am truly grateful for all of the many many blessings I have!!! Happy Thanksgiving!



Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Yes you are Blessed with such a Cute family. Fun to hear all about your fun filled weekend! PARTY! We missed you all over the table eating Turkey. Wish we were close to see your darling tree. I just want to know how you are going to keep Lucy from pulling it on her? I keep thinking I need a mini tree up on a table to keep Millie out of reach. Have you started doing any Christmas shopping I need ideas so when you start getting some for neighbors, inlaws, let me know! Pass on the goods.
I love you

Kelly said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Kim you are such a sweet person! You guys really are such a cute family and you guys are such a good example to me and Lewis! We love you guys! I want to come see your basement, Lewis said it looks awesome! Let us know if you guys need our help with anything!

JaMie HeApS said...

what a weekend!!! the layerd jello was a hit and tell jason to stay away from the shrimp cotails.

the tree is lookin good and i love your family