Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Family Night

Last night for Family Night we had a movie party. The kids earned money for the things they had done throughout the week. (Example: they got a nickel for every time they had personal prayer last week, or a quarter for a kind deed they had done for someone else, etc. Then they had to pay me for the unkind things they did. Like give back a dime if they had told a lie.) Then what ever money they had at the end of FHE they could buy dinner and treats for the show.

It's a good thing we weren't calculating Lucy's week, she would have had to go hungry and would still owe me money!!!

Jason ran the cash register and I served the food.



Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kelly said...

HOW CUTE IS THAT! My kids were dying.. They all screamed we never do fun stuff like that! We always have lessons. So I must step it up and start doing some fun things. I could use every and any thing to bring a litte peace love and happiness into this home of mine. Them earning $ for doing good or having to pay me for being naughty is a great idea. That could be the magic tool! Love the Uniform you are wearing. Did J pick that out? Hat and all Love it! I happy to see you had such a Wonderful night! We sure love our Miller family.

JaMie HeApS said...

WHAT A GOOD IDEA!!! ONLY OONE PROBLEM MY KIDS DONT KNOW WHAT MONEY IS... SO ILL HAVE TO GIVE IT A WHIRL IN A FEW YEARS.. MAT WANTS TO KNOW IF YOU WORE THAT OUTFIT TO BED FOR J? HE LIKES THAT HAT

jen jen said...

i think will tri that next week!!!!

Melisa said...

What a cute FHE! Just might have to copy that one!

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Kim that is such a good idea! I can't wait till I kids that I can do fun things like that with!

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Kim- you are the sweetest person in the world! I love having you as a sister in law! Me and Lewis look up to you and Jason so much! Thanks for all your nice comments!

jeannie said...

We are going to have to copy that one also. LOve the signs and your outfit. My kids would LOVE that idea except I think they would be broke by the end of the week. Unless we had to pay them for being bad parents then they would be RICH!! BTW was that left over Halloween candy you were making them buy?? GOod work! hee hee

oodlesofoversons said...

You are awesome, Kim. What a brilliant idea. And what a great way to get rid of the Halloween candy!