Monday, July 6, 2009

Land That I LOVE!

We started our 4th of July Celebration with a BANG up at the Yarro's big shindig in Wallsburg. They know how to PARTY!


We all rode on the Mechanical Bull. Dad you would have been so proud!

I loved the yummy food, chatting with Colett, the fireworks, and watching my kids run and have the time of their life.

Isabelle and Abbie danced the whole night to the band. The band members kept telling them that they were their two best fans and the girls LOVED it! Abbie cried half way down the canyon because she didn't get their autographs.


These girls just kept going from one exciting thing to the next. They loved their glow stick necklaces and just being together.


Check out these 3 cool kids with their new cool shirts they got that night. Emilee and Max can't can't get over how "Awesome" their cabin was!



Thank you Yarro's for letting us in on all the FUN!



Then the next day we Celebrated with our Family.
Of course we went to the annual parade....


It rained on us for a minute and then it was so MUGGY and HOT!


The kids got to be with their cousins.

We spotted the one and only Chetty.

And then we got Cafe Rio take out and enjoyed a fabulous evening up by the temple throwing the football, watching the kids wrestle, and enjoying the spectacular fireworks! Abbie got to go see the Jonas brothers at the Stadium of Fire! And of course we missed her!





Saturday Night before we left to watch fireworks, Jason and I read an amazing talk by L. Tom Perry about our responsibility to our Country. I have thought a lot his words and how truly BLESSED we are to live in this great country! I know that this is a chosen land, chosen of the Lord for his special purposes. And though there is decay and corruption everywhere today, the Lord has promised to sustain the truth in this land. We have a responsibility to preserve the righteousness in America. To always stand up for what we believe, to protect our freedoms and what we know to be right!
God Bless America!!


6 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

KIM LOOK AT YOUR....WHOOT WHOOO!! those two hour walks are making you looks like a slim babe. i am amazed you serously look awsome. looks like a fun 4th im just wondering how in the heck am i going to get an invite to that banging party at yarros i want to give the bull a spin and dance to the amazing band. seeing you on the field made me wish i was there watching them w you guys and listening to all the kids ohhh and awe at each one. jane looks so big, she fits right in with the others. its amazing how they try to keep up i swear grady is just one of the boys now wrestling and chasing. i love you guys

oodlesofoversons said...

It looks like you had one grand ol' celebration. I LOVE that you saw Chetty & took a picture!!!! And you are right, we live in a chosen country...thank goodness. Remember when we would thank our lucky stars that we lived in America just about everyday we were in Russia? Good times!

Kelly said...

HAPPY 4TH! Looks like a PARTY~!!! Love the bull rides... I'd like to give that a whirl~! We sure missed you... its not the same with out you on such a important day!
You so made my day spotting Chetty1You brought huge grins to Heath and I as we saw you to!
I can't believe how big Jayne is... heath said who's kid is that?... She looks like a toddler chilling for a photo. Oh she is adorable! I can't wait to hug on her!
Kim you look Wonderful! Are you really going on 2 hour walks?... give out the goods! I hope you are downing some treats also!
I miss you! TONS!

atkinson family said...

Looks like fun! I love the picture of Chetty, I laughed out loud that you snapped a quick pic.

Colett (*.*) said...

we are soooo glad you decided to come to the party! I loved seeing you up on that bull, you've got some skills, you did better than Jason anyway! I am stealing some of your pics. Also...I heart Danny Gokey!

Gwen said...

The picture of Chetty is my favorite. She will always love you and Jason. And I looooooved the words about America. We are so blessed, just looking at the picture of you on the lawn waiting for the fireworks made me so thankful for my cute families and this wonderful country! Happy 4th we sure missed you.