Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Gabby Girl is 7!!

Happy Birthday Sunshine!

Abbie spent her 7th Birthday in paradise.

We celebrated big with a fun weekend in Lake Powell.

She started off the morning of her special day with pancakes and a delicious banana cream pie for breakfast.

Spent the day tubing, swimming, and playing in the lake.

Then finished the night off eating Mexican food for dinner and eating birthday cake in our hotel room.

Before we left to Powell I took her out to lunch and shopping to celebrate.
She chose Chinese food from the eatery at the mall and then wanted to pick out her own outfit. First she spotted these zebra print shoes and was determined to find an outfit somewhere else to match. She knew exactly what she wanted and was so excited about her purchases. 5 minutes after wearing the shoes she took them off and told me that they were giving her blisters and I'm not so sure they will ever be worn again. But she was on cloud 9 and I guess that's all that matters. There is nothing Abbie loves more than to feel special!! She loves any one on one time she can get and likes to let all the other kids know about it. She had the biggest smile on her face the whole time and couldn't quit laughing the whole time. She kept wanting me to tell her all about the day she was born and all the things I loved about her. Abbie I do LOVE you!!! July 23rd 2002 was one of the VERY happiest days of my life and each day since has just gotten better because of you!!!


Abbie I love how your eyes disappear when you smile.

I love your FABULOUS dance moves and how you bust them out in primary during "do as I'm doing".

I love how you can make Jayne laugh harder than anyone else.

I love when you help me cook in the kitchen.
I love how you tell me every bit of everything you have ever known and then make up a few stories in between.

I LOVE YOU!!!!!



Jason calls her his little surfer girl. She takes that board out there all by herself and shows everybody how it is done!!! She just grins from ear to ear and has the time of her life.


Abbie never got to go through the Draper temple with us because she had a birthday party she really wanted to go to. She always felt bad that she missed out, so my mom took her on her own special date to the Oquirrh Mountain temple open house and she loved it! Abbie, I love you and the special girl you are. Always remember that special day you had with your grandma and the the feelings you felt when you went inside. I am planning to go through the temple with you many many more times throughout your life.

5 comments:

Shauna said...

Abbie you are a very sweet girl! We love when you come over and play at our house, you truly are sunshine!

Kelly said...

ABBY Gabby Goo! Happy Birthday! You remind me so much of my Maizie it scares me! I can just see your huge smile and hear your laugh and see you shaking your hips! You have a love for life that I wish could rub off on me! I can't wait to give you a Giant birthday hug! Maizie can't get on the plane fast enough so she can come play with you! I hope your birthday outfit feels better the next time you wear it. If not Jayne will be so proud to get to wear it!
We Love you! I am so proud of you for working that surf board! You go Girl!
xoxoxox

Melisa said...

Happy birthday Abs!!! We sure love you and think you are super special!!! I love how you are always smiling and laughing thats my kind of girl!!!!

Thanks so much Kim for taking my kids they had the best time ever you put on a full on party and they havent stoped talking about it. THANKS SO MUCH!!!!!!

jamie heaps said...

abby loue happy happy bday i cant belive your getting that old.. i love you so much and missing seeing you and hearing all your good news, and of course your dance moves and amazing splits!!! im glad you got some cute shoes, sometimes buety hurts, i hope you rock often. i love you.

jen jen said...

Happy Birthday Abbie!