Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Birthday Celebrations

Another Year! Max Turned 9
We have been celebrating birthdays all week long and it's been a fun week! I'm just feeling a little weary tonight after so much partying. We started our celebrations on Friday and continued through Today. Max snooped around and found his presents a little early. I knew because one day he said "Mom, I know exactly what I want for my birthday... Transformers 2 stuff," which is what I had bought for him and put away. So he couldn't bare to wait a couple of days to open them so he opened them a little early. Yesterday I took him for a date to the store to pick out a surprise and he chose a "spark scooter". He was so excited! Then I took him to lunch and let him pick anywhere he wanted to go. He chose to go to Subway for a meatball sandwich. Talk about a cute kid! It was so fun for me to be alone with just him! Then last night we went boating for his birthday and had a great time!
I love EVERYTHING about this kid!
Max is excited about something everyday. He is so easy to please and always is telling me thank you for the little things I do. He likes to please everyone around him. He is a good friend to all and wants to make everyone happy. His life time goal is to be missionary and then play for the NBA. He is always telling me that he hopes that his coach will understand that he can't play on Sunday.
We count our lucky stars everyday to have our boy!

July always reminds me of having babies. I have been lucky enough to have had 3 in July and it will forever be our party month. I hope these 2 will always stay best friends and share a cake forever.




My sweet Lucy is already 4!



Today we had her friends over for a little water party. What a group of cute energetic girls!





Thank heavens for my two party coordinators Em and Abbie.
They kept the girls entertained. Of course they had them doing the hoe down to start off the party. The little girls can't come over to my house without a full dance class from Emilee.





Then played on Grandpa's fun water slides.

Lucy we LOVE you SO!
You are the spunk in our family!!!
I have never known a little girl to have such adult humor and always keep us all laughing. You are your daddy's girl! There is nothing he loves more than you sneaking in to sleep next to him in the middle of the night and your kisses every morning before he leaves to work. You keep the otter pop company in business and tell me that its okay to have so much sugar because it will keep you small and you won't grow up as fast. (I am always telling her to stop growing up.) You have no fear! You ride your bike 100 mph with your feet up on your handlebars flying down the hills. You love to be pulled on the tube behind the boat going full speed. You have the biggest smile on your face and keep telling your dad to go faster. I sure love your smile and your love for life! You are a very special girl!!!!

10 comments:

Melisa said...

HaPpY BiRtHdAy cute kids!!! You sure did have lots of partying!

Kelly said...

I can see why you are tired! I was tired just sitting and watching...
HAPPY BIRTHDAY...
YOU CUTE MILIER MONKEYS!
The Thompson's have bombed on birthday calls this Year! Kade did a shout out on his blog... You'll have to check it out Max!
We LOVE You and can't wait to see you soon! We will have to celebrate again when we come!

atkinson family said...

Looks like a fun birthday month. I feel your pain, we do this in April but I love it! Birthdays, along with the fourth are my favorite. I can see why you are so tired!

Colett (*.*) said...

Millie had a blast on that waterslide, what a great b-day idea. Love that barbie cake, did you make it??? And we love that Goosey Goose!

Mindy said...

I am so sad that we missed her party! We love little Lucy!! Happy Birthday Lucy!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh it looks like we missed out on some super fun birthday partys!!! we love you two and are so sorry we suck so bad at the bday calls. max i bet you are going to b in the nba tell your dad he better get on you court so you can practice. and lucy i cant belive your 4 dax misses you so much and would have loved to giv eyou a huge birthday hug. we love you guys

Gwen said...

Lucy I think you are the cutest four year old ever! I loved your birthday cake and all your fun friends! Your Mom and Dad sure do love you. I can't stop thinking about you bobbing under the water. Let's never try that trick again!

Gwen said...

Max, Grandma thinks you are the greatest! I loved watching your b-game. I am glad you got one of those sparks sckooters, hope you don't start any fires. The pulley is still working in the tree. All the neighbor kids like your hard work. Happy Birthday Max. We love you!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Happy birthday Lucy and Max! I didn't know they shared this day. Looks like fun going on with your kids once again. I love your family. I love that EMily loves teaching dances... she's so good with younger kids. Jane's blue eyes are so cute (4th of july post).

Heath Thompson said...

Hey emilee, remember when we went to that one guys water slide blow up thing you guys were playing on? Remember when you knocked my tooth out? OOOHHH!!! Mckinnley