Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Grounded!


Lucy has been a little cranky lately and has found herself in trouble a time or two! I'm sure it has a lot to do with the fact that she goes to bed WAY to late and wakes up WAY to early. This summer we have had to much fun playing at night and it's hard to get enough sleep! Yesterday she had one of those days where she just couldn't keep out of trouble. I found her writing her name with crayon all over our kitchen chairs. I had finally had enough and told her that she was grounded for the day. The tears came and I knew that she NEEDED a nap!!! So I tucked her in her bed and it wasn't long until she passed out. I had to take Jayne to the doctors for a bit so I left Emilee home in charge. When I got home I found Lucy out in the front yard playing with her friends again. I asked Lucy if she remembered that she was grounded. She replied "Mom, when I woke up you weren't here so I asked Jesus if I could not be grounded any more because I had a good nap and he told me in my heart that it was okay, I could play."

10 comments:

Kelly said...

Well it looks like she was Good To Go! Can't question that one!
At least she asked first!
Oh summer can be rough with all the playing and not enough sleep. We often come home from swimming and I find 2 or 3 "Out" before I can put away all the swimming gear. I love summer naps!
Is Jayne OK?

JaMie HeApS said...

oh she so knows how to work it. jace is going through the same thing right now it makes my days seem never ending when there so stinking grumpy... im glad you having fun nights, utahs are hard to beat.

oodlesofoversons said...

OOHHH...don't you hate when the lessons we teach backfire in our faces?? Well, at least she grasps the repentance process. Too cute!

Michelle said...

I am laughing out loud right now. That is so stinkin' cute and funny!! "... in my heart ..." Omiheck ... I'm in love! SO darling!

Mindy said...

That girl kills me, she is so funny and seriously could she be any smarter? She knows how to work it!!
I loved the comment she left for Ari and Ava. She is welcome at our house anytime!!! You say when and we would love to go out sometime, I am always up for getting out and having a break from the kids.

Melisa said...

She is too cute!!!

Aninie said...

LOL
I love her she is so stinkin' cute she cracks me up

Lucy you are so cute and funny

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

atkinson family said...

I am cracking up! That girl is hilarious. She reminds me a lot of my Emily! Too cute!

Gwen said...

Oh I love that little Lucy. I would like to snuggle up and nap with her! As for the Jesus part I think she might be the one in tune. I think we should all stay on her good side so she can find out a few answers for us.

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

that's a super cute story. Your kids are always doing the cutest things I swear.