Saturday, May 10, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

" God couldn't be everywhere at once so he gave us Mothers."
I'd have to say that my greatest blessing in my life has been the influence of the incredible Mom that I have!! Her great example and love has made me the person I am today. I could never tell her how much I love her or how much I appreciate the great life she has given me.
She is.....
*The most unselfish person I have ever known. Always puts everyone else before herself.
*The kindest most giving person in the whole world. She is busy helping and serving others every single day.
*The happiest and most optimistic lady you will ever meet. She wakes up with a smile and loves life!
*The best friend and listens and acts interested in everything I do.
*The funnest most loving Grandma and always plans special activities to do with my kids.
*Incredibly talented and is the best artist I have ever seen. She is good at anything she tries.
*A great cook and I always love to go home for something "good" to eat!
*A great example of living what she believes and has a strong testimony.
*The most Christlike person I have ever met!


Some of my best memories of her are:
*Her fixing us a yummy breakfast every morning before school and reading us the scriptures.
*Her waking us up each morning with a smile and often a good morning song.
*She would take us to her sister's Ranch in Colorado all by herself every spring and plan a fun week of all kind of family activities.
*She would come to all of our activities and games.
*She would always invite someone in need over for Sunday Dinner.
*She opened her home and her heart to several foster children.
*I always loved going on walks with her at night and talking just the two of us.
*She loved to swim and would wake up early in the morning and swim laps. In the summer she took us to the swimming pool everyday.
*She sewed us all the cutest matching clothes and would spend hours making us our Sunday dresses, school clothes, jackets, ...you name it she could sew it. And when I got older she sewed all of my dance dresses.
*Always supported me anything I ever wanted to do. She even let me go to Russia when it may have seemed a little bit crazy.
*She always made me feel loved and like I could do anything.

I Love You Mom!!! I never really could fully appreciate all that you did for me until I became a mother myself. You gave me so many wonderful opportunities, taught me more than anyone ever could have, and have always been there for me when I have needed you. I don't know what I did in heaven to be sent to you but I will be forever grateful!!! Happy Mothers Day!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

Yea we are Certianly Blessed to have Mom! How did we Luck Out? Love the post brought back some good memories. Hope you had a great day! I love you and admire all your Mother skills. You are Amazing!

STEPHANIE said...

Aren't Mom's the best! If no one else cares you know your mom always will.

Gwen said...

Sweet Kim, Thank you for all those kind words. I am sure you have the gift of exaggeration. But I will always treasure them. The truth is the tables are changing, and now I am the child and you are the mother. I learn so much from you. You are the one I look up to. Thank you for patiently teaching me about this blog stuff. Thank you for asking me questions and then listening. Thank you for sharing your family with me, I love them so! Thank you for being the very Kim I dreamed about before you were born. Thank you for staying home and being there for your children when it is the very hardest of all jobs. I am so proud of you always, and I love your bones!
Mom

Colett (*.*) said...

Your mom's comments are so touching, plus she must be cool she is a Wallsburgian, we love Wallsburg!

JaMie HeApS said...

YOU BETTER BELIVE IT WE LUCKED OUT WITH MOM. AND I WOULD HAVE TO SAY YOUR KIDS HAVE LUCKED OUT WITH YOU. I WATCH AND WONDER HOW IT IS YOU DO ALL YOU DO, YOUR AN AMAZING MOM WITH A TINY BUM!!!

Tanya said...

I see where you get it all...from your mom! You guys are great.

Heather said...

What a sweet and beautiful mom you have. She sounds like she's such a great example to you and your kids. Love her comments, "being the Kim she always dreamed you'd be". Your mom and sisters know you well! You're a great mom! :)

Mindy said...

Oh my gosh, I can't believe how much you guys all look alike, and how beautiful you all are!! What a great mom you have, guess we know now where you got it from!

Katy said...

Hi Kim!

Nicole said...

I agree with mom you are full of it.

Don't you remember the club that mom painted to look like a wall hanging. She would chase me around the house beating me with it. If only I had had the number to the child abuse hotline when I was little.

Bret

Lisa said...

It must run in the family because you are just like your mom. Everything you said about her is exactly you! You both are great women.

Palinista! said...

That's a very sweet tribute. I say you're all lucky to have each other. Happy Mother's Day!