Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Escapee!


If you see this child wondering the streets chances are I don't know she is out. Lucy has been taking off to the neighbors without telling me where she is going and the worst part is she completely knows better! When she gets to the door the first thing she says to the person who answers the door is, "Don't tell my Mom!" right as she walks in the door. Once I realize she is gone, I hunt her down, bring her back home and put her in time out. But it isn't seconds until she is sneaking out of her room and escaping down the street once again. I bet she took off 10 times yesterday and I am not kidding! She even got an early start over to the Heims for some pancakes at 7:00 a.m. (Sorry Wendy!) Wendy came home yesterday afternoon to Lucy down in the basement with her clothes off trying to put on a princess dress all by herself. If no one answers the door, no problem she just heads in and helps herself. She loves Wendy and considers herself one of her best friends. Yesterday I had all of the little neighbor girls here running through the sprinklers with Lucy. With in a split second Lucy is missing and is later found at the Yarros with her clothes off just busy playing. No one even knew she was there and Millie was here playing at my house. I don't know what to do with her!! Time out, grounding, spanking, screaming,... nothing phases her. I am thinking a leash is my only option. Yes, I have tried locking all the doors but she waits for the perfect time (like when I am in the shower), hauls her bathroom stool from upstairs all the way down into the garage, gets up on it, pushes the garage door button and then makes a run for it. So if Child Protective Services shows up to my house you will know why.

18 comments:

Heather said...

What a silly, free spirited, adorable little girl. She cracks me up with the big girl personality in that tiny little body. Atleast she knows the people she goes to visit. :)

STEPHANIE said...

That is hilarious! She is definantly one of a kind...but a cute one. Although I feel for you-you are probably always worried.

Lisa said...

She totally cracks me up! Cooper was doing the exact same thing a while back, but he was only going next door to Todd's house(thank heavens!) We finally put a dead bolt at the very top of the door so he could'nt get out. If she ever shows up at our house I'll glady let her in :)

Kelly said...

I think you should Box her up with some goodies and ship her off to live with me for a few months. She is so stinken smart to work the stool and timming it just right to escape while you shower. I want to scoop her up and give her a Giant Hug and Kiss! Good Luck... all thing shall past! She will out grow it and you will wish she was little again running around keeping you laughing and on your toes! Good Luck! Keep posting all the goods! It keeps me smiling!
I love you! Loved talking to you today... Let me know how things go. When you need somthing to cheer you up or bring a smile to your day just amagin my special phone call last night!

Palinista! said...

Lucy is a crack up. If she came to my house I would be tempted to obey her wishes and let her play, plus she gave me cake :). We installed the really high, hotel type locks on our doors for Zane when he was little - just wanted to get to his friends'.

Shauna said...

You know we all love Lucy very much! Meagan loves to have her play, next time "Don't tell mom" comes out of her mouth I will quickly call you and tell you where she is.

Tanya said...

What a gal! She knows what she wants and how to get it. Wendy is a good frinend for her to have. Like a couple others have said, we have the high latch on the door, which is more of a pain for the older kids bc I have to open it, but it works I guess. Good think she is sto cute! The girls had such a fun time running through your sprinklers; Maili was exhausted.

oodlesofoversons said...

Is she SERIOUSLY related to Drew? We got an alarm system that announces when a door opens and which one it is so I know which one he has gone out! It's the only thing that has saved us! Good luck...I feel your pain!

Palinista! said...

Oh my word, your Mom's blog is so sweet. I just started to get an inkling about her artistry through your blog, she is so good. And she's a poet? How did she have time to cultivate all this while raising you all and the fosters and the service, it makes me tired. It is wonderful.

Colett (*.*) said...

That little lucy goosey is welcome at our house anytime, we love her! I am embarassed to admit that I did not know she came here and did that until this moment. I promise to watch out for her better in the future. Almost as hillarious as the time Millie was found totally nude swinging on your swing set! Good times!

Hills said...

That's pretty fun...from my perspective but if I was on your end I would be freaking out! That's pretty scary to find you child missing! Lisa has the same problem with little Micah maybe you guys can brain storm some solutions! I need to get your email address so I can add you to my blog, I miss your comments since I switched mine over to private.

JaMie HeApS said...

LUCY YOU LITTLE STINK, IS THAT WHERE JACE LEARNED THAT TRICK? you need to escape over to my house and play with my boys, they miss there honey and susy.

Mindy said...

She is so funny, I love her wild personality. I think I am going to have the same problem with my Ava, she also is a very free spirited little girl. So if you come up with a solution please let me know what it is. And to add to hillary's comment, you should talk with Lisa M. Micah shows up at my house about once a week without Lisa knowing, yes he comes all the way through the horse pasture just to get over here. What a character!!

Gwen said...

Lucy, your mom always stayed right by my side and talked all the time, so I think it must be your Dad's wild side that you are displaying. I think all we can do is love you! Grandma C.

Julie said...

What a crack up! Parker is having the same problem, although not visiting to the neighbors yet. I have to turn on the alarm so I am "notified" when he leaves. But if by chance you see him out wandering and no one else is out, then he is not supposed to be. Please feel free to let me know and I will do the same for Lucy!

The Miller Trio said...

Oh, Kim. What a silly little girl. She is so fun! I can just imagine the sure panic that hits when you realize that she's gone again. Just tell her next time that her Aunt Enion is going to come get her. Hopefully its not too soon before I am calling you and asking for advice on runaway children...

Jess and Joe said...

She is too cute!! I hope it gets better! =]

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

She has got to be one of the funniest little girls I have ever met! What a character! You can ship her out here to Virginia with me and Lew for her punishment!