Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Hoorah! Abbie can ride a bike.

Saturday we decided to take the kids to the park and teach Abbie how to ride a bike. Jason took her trainning wheels off and followed Max and Emilee on their bikes over to the park. Abbie decided that she wanted to run with me. At first I was a little hesitant because we were going a couple miles away and I was worried that it was too far for her. But she surprised me at how she just keep going and was determined to make it all the way there. She kept telling me that her heart was beeping so fast and every once in a while she would stop and lift up her shirt to see how skinny she was getting. It was so fun to have her with me and her non stop talking and funny comments kept me company on the way. I love you Abbie!

Once we got to the park Jason put her on her bike, gave her a push and off she went! Her very first try she took off and never looked back. Wow! What a fun day it was all riding our bikes together. I had Lucy behind me in a bike seat. I hope we can to it again sometime soon!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Collin Williams said...

It's amazing how much endurance kids have isn't it? I am always surprised myself. Congrats on teaching her how to ride... a whole new door of freedom has opened in her life.

-Collin
www.rejectsociety.com

STEPHANIE said...

How exciting! She has such a cute little personality! I love the things kids say-so funny and innocent at the same time.

JaMie HeApS said...

good job abbie you are one tough cookie, and i hope you didnt get too skinny from the run.

oodlesofoversons said...

That's a great day when they can ride all by themselves! Congrats!

Kelly said...

Way to go Abby. Maizie just mastered that about 2 weeks ago and I keep telling her I will blog it. She wants everyone to know! Such a BIG Day! She will be sooo Proud that you learned together..(Kinda) The family bike ride sounds like Heaven! I wish I could pull up my shirt and see the pounds dropping!

Colett (*.*) said...

Hooray Abba Dabba Doo! Good job!!!I'll expect to see you zipping around all summer!

Heather said...

Way to go Abbie!! Can't wait to watch you ride your bike.

Palinista! said...

That's a big milestone. I think Abbie is lookin a little too skinny already in these pics.