Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Max

This was an EXTRA special birthday for  Max.
He turned 12!!!!
Which of course means he is officially out of primary and is now a Deacon in the young men's. 
And...
Received the Aaronic Priesthood. 
It was kinda a BIG deal for our family, especially since we only have one boy. 
I have been an emotional wreck all week.  I am afraid that it won't be long until until he is leaving me on a mission


 It was a very special day.  We had both Grandparents come for his ordination and his dad gave him a great blessing.  Words can't even describe how grateful I am that these two have each other!!!  I am sitting here crying as I type.  I know how important they are to each others lives.  I don't know what our life would be like without our boy.  Jason is such a great example for Max to look up to and they are great buddies!  I know they will always be best friends!
 This year for  Max's party he just wanted to play sports...surprise!  We started with a BBQ at our house and then went to the park for a basketball, baseball and football tournament.  It was a lot of fun!  These are the cutest group of boys and it was so fun to just watch them.

 Even with warnings from Max to not interfere with his party. these girls couldn't stay away!!  Just before the boys arrived Abbie came down stairs all dressed up in a dress for the party.  I looked at Jason and said "Here it begins!"  With Max and Abbie only one year apart in school we are in for both fun and trouble.  She wasn't going to go unnoticed at the party of 20 cute boys!  Her and her friends made up cheers while the boys played.

 Then after all the games we finished off with a big slip and slide.  But as you can tell it got a little bit out of control and I had to shut things down.  I was afraid I was going to be calling parents to tell them that that their son had a broken neck.  Next time I will have to have everyone sign a waiver before they come.  They were fearless and would catch so much air.



Happy Birthday Max!
The past 12 Years have been the greatest watching you grow up!  I know you have great things in store for you.  I will be watching and cheering you on in all that you do! 
I am proud of you!
I will love you always and forever! 

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh I new he was turning 12 but it doesn't seem right! I can only imagine how handsome n serious max will take his job as passing the sacrament. I wish we could sneak in and sit in a row and have him deliver to us. I love love love that kid! He is a treasure! I'm so glad we both got one lil boy to enjoy! N that they are the same age n connect so well! Happy birthday max! Your party looked awesome! Xo

Gwen said...

Max you can't get any more handsome. What a perfect party for you. Your mom and dad are crazy about you. Your friends looks like they are having a blast! I like the picture of them holding you up. Thank you for the invite Sunday and the yummy dinner. Can't wait to see you pass the sacrament.

JaMie HeApS said...

maxy happy birthday buddy!!! 12 is such a big age i just know your the most handsome kid passing the sacrament!! your party looks so fun your mom and dad must love you!!! we miss you so much adn cant waite to party with you in a laguna!! WE LOVE YOU!