Monday, April 4, 2011

Teenager

I am now a mother of a teenager. And Heaven knows that this will be difficult on me. I love my babies and wish more than anything I could keep them that way! Even though Emilee has acted like a teenager for years now, it is now official and I'm going to need all the help I can get! Hormones, texting, boys, and all the drama and attitude that comes with it makes me a little nervous!!! Emilee has been celebrating her 13th Birthday all week and believe me she has felt the LOVE! Her birthday morning, she woke up to the sound of a group of her friends screaming Happy Birthday and then tackling her to the ground. Emilee had set her alarm really early so she could get up and look "cute" on her birthday. Knowing that her friends were coming to kidnap her for breakfast I turned off her alarm so she had to go as is. They went to Kneaders for their yummy french toast and then straight to school.
That night we went to the Olive Garden of course for dinner. I think it is the only time we eat there all year but it is Em's favorite!! Then we had birthday cake while she did homework with her friend Maddy.
Friday night she had all of her friends over for a BBQ. It was a lot of fun. I turned the night over to Jason to be the party coordinator and he did a great job. He made sure everybody was full with double and triple patty's on their hamburgers, put together some fun relay races, sent them on a neighborhood scavenger hunt and played some fun night games. Everyone seemed to have a great time.





One of my favorite parts of the night was when Emilee opened up Wyatt's present to her. It was a picture he drew of himself and Em that said friendship. When she opened it he said "Sorry Emilee, I don't think I got your bangs quite right." He had me laughing so hard!!! To bad all presents can't be that simple!


EMILEE I SURE LOVE YOU!!!!

*

I love that you have millions of friends!

I loved going birthday shopping with you, and of course everything you tried on looked so stinkin cute on you. I wish shopping was that easy for me.

I love that you are almost as tall as me and that we can share shoes.

I love watching you run at your track meets, even if I do cry every time. You are amazing!

I love that you are the first one up every morning and and ready for school 15 minutes before your carpool comes.

I love that you check your grades twice a night just to make sure you are getting straight A's.

I love it when you talk to me and tell me everything that makes you happy, sad, & frustrated.


I hope we can always stay close! Remember you are my guinea pig for being a mother, and this teenage stuff is all brand new to me. So when I check your texts, make you come home the earliest out of all your friends, and turn off your music, it's because I LOVE YOU!!!

Happy Birthday!!!!

4 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

oh em happy birthday!!!
i so wish i lived closer and we could have a girls night out and hit olive garden... remeber our one date we had when we did that is seems like jsut barley... i love you so much and im so glad your my neice!!
i bet your party was rocking your dad knows how to throw a serouse sin dig!!

Gwen said...

Emilee, the picture of you running captures your life. You are beautiful, and so in love with life. We are going to have to all watch you eat up the track and gulp down your happy life. I love you Sweet Em, Happy Birthday. We are celebrating on Sunday. Kim and Jason you are "Rad" parents, what child could ever ask for anything more. Happy Family Days!

oodlesofoversons said...

This post gives me anxiety. I am already nervous for Syd to turn 12. Where did the time go?? If Emilee ia anything like you were as a teenager, you'll be good to go!!

Muriel Miller said...

Happy Belated birthday Emilee! We miss you guys so much and we cannot believe that you are already a teenager! You are more gorgeous than ever and I love that you are such a good example to your brother and sisters! Good job on always having straight A's and seriously, can you show me how to make my hair as beautiful as yours! Your party looks like it was such a blast! happy Birthday cutie!