Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Girls in the Windy City





















The only plus about having my two sisters living away from me is...

That I get to visit fun places that I never would otherwise.

*

This year we went to Chicago to visit Kelly on our girls trip....

and here are a few of my favorite memories.

*

* Having my mom as my travel partner to navigate our way through the airports.

* Checking into our hotel and Jamie immediately finding out the activities going on in the hotel. She told people about the happening concerts at the Hyatt. Later we even got a little dancing in, even if it was in the hall.

* Jamie's competitive competitions she had us enter in the exercise room. Kelly telling Heath that she almost won.

* Jamie's invention and Kelly's mouthwash comment. Laughing harder than I ever have.

* Macadamia Turtles

* Jamie working on the phone for 4 massages. Kelly's look on her face when she saw her masseuse.

* Shopping with the worlds greatest shopper.... Jamie.

* Meeting the Thompsons for dinner and Kade laying flat in the car.

* Watching the one and only Jimmer with Heath.

* Plucking McKinnley's eyebrows.

* Talking to Maizie and Millie in bed, singing them the 3 bear song, and tucking them in bed.

* Jamie getting mad at me and Jason's late night texting.

* Jamie getting the whole Thompson family ready and looking amazing for church in 10 minutes flat. Getting to do McKinnley's make-up.

* Holding Millie on my lap during sacrament.

* Millie giving us her last dollar.

* Checking out the Internet and angry birds with Madison and Kade.

* Jason getting a taste of what church is like with 5 kids.

* Our broken windshield wiper in a down pour on the crazy freeways of Chicago. Jamie took the wheel and we ventured our way to a Jiffy Lube.

* Staying in the amazing downtown of Chicago and seeing the big city. Thank You Heath!

* Pictures at the Bean.

* Italian Steamers in the Coffee shop.

* Heath's surprise tickets to the theater!

* Fine dining and a fun night of talking and laughing.

* Jamie getting us scratchers and telling us that the broken windshield wiper led us there.

* Getting my hair done.

* A weekend with 3 of my favorite people in the world!

* Coming home to a clean house and a happy family.

Thanks Kelly and Heath for the PARTY! I love you!

5 comments:

oodlesofoversons said...

ahhhh! I seriously love all those pretty ladies! Looks like you had a great time!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh kimmy, i loved everysecond!!! there is nothing better then our girls getaway. i love how were all so much alike and so diffrent. i loved my back tickels, your turtles and texting jay pretending to be you... (not so much having to explain the meaning though) you 2 are crazy love birds who text more then any couple i know! next year im voting for beaches and all inclusive so we can eat while we relax all the while talking and napping!
i love you!

atkinson family said...

That looks like so much fun. Nothing better then hanging out with the girls. Your sisters make me laugh. Its fun seeing you all together. Hope your doing good, and keeping busy!

Gwen said...

Kim, we did have the best time. My favorite was the first few hours just sitting by you and listening about all the things going on in your family. I long for those one on one times. Didn't we laugh right out loud. I like all your pictures, they make me even smell the fun. Thank you for the fun night watching the BYU game, the food was delish, especially those Ore's balls on the fancy plate. I love your home and your family. I keep thinking of Jason entertaining all Emilee's friends. I bet they all thought she has the most hip parents. I am sending loving thoughts to your back tonight. Hope it helps.

Muriel Miller said...

This sounds like it was sooooo much Fun! Love all of your pictures!