Tuesday, April 19, 2011

A Spring Break to Always Remember!

Ever since Emilee turned 13, I have had this panicked feeling inside that time is moving to quickly and that we need to take advantage of every opportunity to make memories as a family. This spring break I was determined to getaway as a family! We had sick kids the week before spring break so I was hesitant to make any plans. The Monday Spring Break started I woke up and saw that everyone was starting to feel a bit better. So I started packing us up, called Jason at work and told him that I was booking us some rooms at Disneyland. By 4:00 in the afternoon everything was booked, he got home from work around 5:00 PM, we loaded the car and off we drove. I was more excited than the kids to have a full week away and best of all... together!!!
We told the kids that we were going to St. George for a couple of days. They were asleep as we drove through St. George and when they woke up we were in Vegas. They were so confused. Emilee even said, "Wow St. George is a lot bigger than the last time we were here." Once they realized we were in Vegas, they were a bit disappointed. Abbie said that Vegas is "scary and stinky". So we told them that we would go back to St. George in the morning. Of course we headed the other direction to California. Emilee and Max slowly started to figure it out as we passed several California signs. But Abbie and Lucy had no idea until we actually pulled into our hotel.
They were SOO excited!



We didn't get into Vegas until about midnight, but Jason and I were ready to party. After all, in Vegas the party is just getting started at midnight. So we pulled into the Belagio and woke up the kids to see the fountains.


Then at 1 o'clock we headed into the sugar factory for an early breakfast, ice cream cones and suckers.



We spent the rest of the week enjoying the happiest place on earth and we loved every second of it!!!






























The Nelsons flew down and met us for a few days. My kids loved having their friends to ride all the rides with.
































































It was a perfect week! I'm ready to go back.


6 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

oh kimmy it looks like heavin. there is nothing funner then a little get away and even better that you suprized the kids. i hope you threw a 10$ down on red for us heaps in vegas!! and i so love seeing the kids sleep head to toe, i remeber doing that w our fam when we were little.
they will for sure remeber what fun parents they have for partying with them over spring break!

STEPHANIE said...

You guys are such a fun family! Love all your sidebar/header family pictures too!

oodlesofoversons said...

So glad you were able to have a fun getaway! We pulled that trick on our kids one time...I love it!

Gwen said...

Kim your children are so lucky. What a fantastic week to spend together. I thought about you often, and it looks even better than I could dream for you. I am hoping Jayne is feeling a little more calm. Hope you and Jason get a normal nights sleep tonight. I want to hear from Emilee about her Meet. I have a feeling it went great. Can't wait to see you all on Easter. Love Mom

Kelly said...

OOOO it looks like a Perfect way to spend spring break! The last pic of the kids in the pool made me sooo excited for laguna. I love the pic of the girls alseep in the stroller snuggling up.
I hope you are feeling better.. I want a real talk here soon to hear the scoop on how you REALLY are. I miss you and love you!

Muriel Miller said...

This looks like you guys had the time of your lives! How fun! Me and lewis are always saying how we want to do fun surprise vacations just like this for our kids when their old enough! We miss and love you guys so much!!!