Sunday, May 1, 2011

Track Star

This year Emilee ran track for the first time. She ran on her Junior High team and I'd have to say that she was pretty amazing!!!! We had SOOO much fun cheering her on over the past couple months even if we did freeze for most of it. Em is FAST!!! She ran the 200 m, 400 m, 800 m, the 4x100, and the 4x400.

She also did the long jump and threw shot put.



Her favorite is the 4x100. Her team ROCKED taking first place at Alpine Days. She placed in almost every event each week.


Check out that lead!

She may have inherited her dad's speed but I'm pretty sure she inherited her mother's nerves. I hope she didn't get ulcers from her meets. She would start getting worked up the night before each meet and would make herself sick all day at school. I could always count on several texts from school telling me how scared she was.


But she felt the love and support form her favorite people at every meet.








She had a lot of fun with all of her friends... riding the buses, getting out of school early, and all of the down time between events.



I'm not sure I can wait until next year. We sure are proud of you Emilee!!




6 comments:

McKinnley said...

GREAT JOB EM!!! it looks like ur one fast mumba jumba :)...cant wait to race ya in laguna this year.. :) BRING IT ON! xoxo
love, kinners

McKinnley said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kelly said...

Em, you look like cool and calm out on the track.. who would ever known you get scared? Looks like you were blessed with your Aunt Kelly's running talent. Let me know if you ever need a few tips. Ha Ha Im kidding! I am soo impressed with how well you did. I though of you for 2 days straight with a sick stomach wondering how the final runs went. I love that you whipped all those girls in your LOOOOOONG race. Way to Go! We LOVE YOU!

Muriel Miller said...

Yay Em!!! You look like a professional out there! Good job! And my goodness you had all those kids totally beat!

JaMie HeApS said...

GO EM GO!!! i am pretty impressed with you running skillss, but im thinkin you mom is giving way to much credit to your dad, she was a speed deamin back in the day, heck she had to be every time bret was chasing her, she had to make a mad dash to the bathroom and pull out all the draws.
and really i think kinners is onto something.. race match on in lagunna, cuz if im not mistaken your OLD AUNT JAMIE KICKED YOUR TRASH LAST YEAR!!!
love you

Gwen said...

Emilee, you not only run fast but you do it beautifully. I am so proud of you. That lead was incredible! I have a feeling you will be getting some good grades and fast running scholarships. Good job with the camera Kim. Love you Em!