Friday, April 8, 2011

a mind of her OWN!

Jayne's been sick.

Jayne was very thirsty.

Jayne didn't want a drink from a sippy cup or any cup for that matter. I offered her a water bottle, buy that wasn't going to do either.

Jayne ONLY wanted a drink of water from THIS BIG water jug.

After trying to talk her out of it, I finally gave in, pulled it off the pantry shelf, washed it out and put some water in it for her to drink.

Then Jayne was happy.

I don't know why she catches every sickness that goes around but I swear she is sick more than she isn't. This week she threw up 50 times in a 48 hour period.

Just before she'd throw up she'd say "I up!" And then we had one second before it came. She made it to the toilet about half of the time, which I thought was pretty good considering she is only 2.

The only good about having a sick little girl is that I've got to hold her for 3 days straight. She won't let me leave her side for anything. Even when she is sleeping I try to sneak away and she wakes up immediately and makes me lay back down by her. I like to test her and I ask if she wants to go to the park or the mall, which she usually loves, but this week she always responds, "No, Mommy's bed, I sick!"

Jayne get better SOON and tell all sickness to go away forever!

7 comments:

McKinnley said...

awwww!! poor jayne!!! Hope u get better!!! :(
xoxox kinners

atkinson family said...

Dang she's cute for being sick. Nothing worse then sick kids, unless you have nothing else to do. I'd love to sit and cuddle them if it weren't for everything else that has to be done. I can't believe the teenager stuff already. They do grow up so fast. Thankfully I have a few more years before that! Hopefully. some nights I wonder. :)

oodlesofoversons said...

So so cruddy!! I hope she's feeling better. And I hope you had enough Cadbury mini's to make it through that!

JaMie HeApS said...

jayners... i so hate being sick! i expecially hate having sick kids. im so sorry but im glad your so brave. mabey the water in the jug is thesecret to makeing you feel better. i so hope it works! love you

Gwen said...

A Mom is the best thing going when you are sick. Thank you Kim for taking good care of my little grandchild. I love you Jane. I can imagine you right now watching the Electric Parade. I sure hope you are not "I'm upping"! I hope you are all having the time of your life! Hope everyone's bodies are holding up. Dad and I love you all!

Katrina said...

hi I dont know if you remember me but we lived in McIntires basement about 6 years ago. I recently found your blog and love to read it. I just had to say you inspire me to be a better mom and a better wife. I love how you write to each of them and the things you love about all of them. Later they will love that when they are grown. Your parties looks so fun! Thanks for blogging and i look forward to future ones. katrina witt

Jessica said...

Kim-You have a beautiful family! I have been meaning to write you and tell you how great it was to see you at the mall during Priesthood. I was laughing to myself afterwards because when I saw you and the girls, my immediate reaction was to reach out and grab you, regardless of how long it has been because I read your blog so I feel so much closer to you!! You are beautiful and a fantastic mom!!!

XOXO-Jessica Van Buren Collings