Monday, March 2, 2009

Doesn't Get Any Better Than This!

If you stop by my house and see laundry in piles, toys on the floor, and everything out of place it is because I have been busy. Busy holding and loving this little one. I can't seem to get enough of her!! I could stay in my pajamas all day long with her in my arms and I would be perfectly content.
I was telling my mom how I am having such a hard time thinking that this is my last baby. She sent me this quote which pretty much sums up my feelings right now. The thought of Jayne being my last little baby is breaking my heart. I have loved the years I have had having children. I love being a mom and especially having a brand new little baby around. Every time I change that little bum, or get her in the bath I start to cry. I pray the time will slow down. Meanwhile I am just going to enjoy every second of each day!!!
I love you Jayne!
"A first child is your own best foot forward, and how you do cheer those little feet as they strike out. You examine every turn of flesh for precocity, and crow it to the world. But the last one: the baby who trails her scent like a flag of surrender through your life when there will be no more coming after--oh, that's love by a different name. She is the babe you hold in your arms for an hour after she's gone to sleep. If you put her down in the crib, she might wake up changed and fly away. So instead you rock by the window, drinking the light from her skin, breathing her exhaled dreams. You heart bays to the double crescent moons of closed lashes on her cheeks. She's the one you can't put down.
My baby, my blood, my honest truth; entreat me not to leave thee, for whither thou goest I will go. Where I lodge, we lodge together. Where I die you'll be buried at last. A mother's body remembers her babies--the folds of soft scalp against her nose. Each child has its own entreaties to body and soul."






And it's not just me that is crazy about her. We fight over who gets to hold her and the girls beg to sleep with her at night.
How fun it is to have a new little angel in our home!


14 comments:

Julie said...

Precious! That is exactly how I feel about Parker! The last ones are certainly bitter sweet! Yesterday in Primary, Lucy just couldn't wait to get home. When I asked her what her rush was, she said she wanted to hold her baby!

Nicole said...

You are the cutest Mom! That little Jayne is so lucky to have you. Way to go enjoying the moment. You are a great example to all of us.

Heath Thompson said...

Kim, you are doing the most precious of jobs right now. Don't hurry anything. Just breath and smell and smile and be grateful. You don't have to be skinny tomorrow, just eat good and produce grade AAA milk. Your kids are watching you love them and this new baby. . .they will remember these times and bless their grand Mom. I want to be snuggled up in bed with all those cute faces. I love you all.

Heath Thompson said...

Do you know what is funny, poor Heath is not really commenting on your milk supply Kim. He used the computer last night and now everything is coming up Heath. You know me and computers. . .help!

Heath Thompson said...

Do you know what is funny, poor Heath is not really commenting on your milk supply Kim. He used the computer last night and now everything is coming up Heath. You know me and computers. . .help!

JaMie HeApS said...

kimmy you are one lucky mom to have her and she is one lucky little girl to have you too take such good care of her. i LOVE the pic of you & her nose too nose. its a winner winner.

oodlesofoversons said...

LOVE this whole post...you are the cutest Mom, Kim. Who cares if you stay in your pj's all day?? Rubbing noses is my favorite picture! So cute!

STEPHANIE said...

Such a sweet post and precious pictures!

Melisa said...

Oh that is so fun! "it realy doesn't get any better than that" Im glad you are enjoying every second of it. Newborns are so FUN! Your a good mom!

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Kim you are one of the sweetest people I have ever met! You make me so excited to be a mom! Your girls are so lucky to have such a fun and caring mom as you!

Kelly said...

I read that and have a HUGE lump in my throat! I have those same feeling everyday with Millie. I wonder why it has to be so hard for us. Hard to get the monkeys here... hard to watch them grow up! Stay in your pj's and enjoy everyday... You kids are sooo lucky to have you as a Mom! Jay is one lucky fella too! Don't sweat the little things that don't matter. You looked so pretty the night I was with you. You were glowing... You had that motherly glow! Snuggle up with your little princess for me. I can hardly wait to love on her. The girls trip always seems to work magic on me after I had a baby. So get ready! You will go home feeling like a Million bucks.
Love the milk comments from my husband.(Mom) When I first read it I was so proud of him for being so thoughtful... then I read the milk comments and I was worried he was a pervert! Ha.. Mom is Great!
I LOVE YOU!

C. Jane Kendrick said...

Thanks for this Kim. It spoke to my soul.

Jayne is just lovely.

Hills said...

I love that quote... how fast the time does go by. Good for you for enjoying every possible minute with her. You are such a good Mom.

Jeannie said...

So Sweet. She is adorable just like all your kids. I am so glad you are enjoying every moment. I promise the time flies by I can't believe how fast.

What a special family you are.