Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Who needs a Mom?



Lucy is my very independent child! She never asks me for help for anything and just goes on her way taking care of herself. Every morning she is always the first one up. She has this built in alarm system inside her and she gets up every morning at 6:00 a.m. Because I am not usually feeling very good that early in the morning I talk her into going down stairs to color or do something quietly so she doesn't wake anybody up. When I finally go down stairs this is what a find. She is always dressed herself (as you can see the outfit is always very interesting) poured herself a bowl of cereal with milk, and tells me that her homework is all done. She practices writing her ABC's and shows me all of her hard work. She is constantly surprising me with the things she does so independently! Many times she will come down stairs all wet with a towel around her after she has taken a bath by herself. I guess after being the 4th child she figures if she wants something done rather than wait around she will just take care of it herself. I swear I spoon fed Max until he was 5 and if the truth be told he would still rather have me tie his shoes if he can talk me into it.
I have had so much fun having more one on one time with Lucy this past month. She is the best little buddy to have around to keep me smiling every day. I wish I could keep her this age forever!
Some of my favorite little things she says everyday: (Not just once a day but each one of these over and over in a day.)
"Mom did I sleep good?" Every morning when she comes in my room that is the first thing she says. I guess I always ask her that every morning and I think she is just checking to see if it is morning cause it is always so dark when she is up.
"Is your baby doing good?"
"Mom do some people always die?" I'm not sure where that one comes from.
"Poor Chloe, is she living with Jesus at the temple now?" Chloe is our neighbors dog that just died. Lucy loved her and talks about her all day long.
"I shouldn't say hate or shut up, right?" And then she proceeds to say a little prayer to say "Thank you that I say shut up and hate" meaning sorry rather than thank you.
Lucy you make me happy! I love you!

11 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

LUCY your outfit is just right for you, your mom just dosnt know style when she see's it. we love you, try sleeping in just a little more for you mom.

STEPHANIE said...

She is such a doll!!!

Kelly said...

Man.. You are "HOOKED UP" when you have this next baby, Lucy can change all the poops, do the laundry, and fix you some food to eat in bed. Milk it for all you can Put her to work! I am sooooo sad I am missing out on all her Cute-ness! I love you posting so I kinda feel like I know her?!?!?!? (Boo Hoo!) I am always amazed how our kids sleeping schedules are so diffrents. It's a Dang good thing you got the early birds. I would go Nuts! You are amazing! I am happy to read Kade isn't the only one who can't tie his own shoes... I wonder what monster I have created by getting velcro. He is almost 8 and his tieing skills stink! I hope Lucy sleeps good tonight, you need to train her to bring you crackers or heck a GIANT slice of Chocolate Cake the monment you eyes open so you can make it through the yuck! I hope the other stuff is ok... I am so sorry! NOT FAIR! I love you.. I love you Lucy, I will have to tell Maizie you like to do Homework too. We do Homework all day long!
xoxoxoxoxoox

Mindy said...

Can she come over and give my girls some lessons???
I love little lucy she is so dang cute! That is so cute that she talks about Chloe, we miss her tons too, it's just not the same around here without her!

oodlesofoversons said...

That is the best story ever! I love that outfit so much! She's a keeper! (Let's go to lunch)

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Oh i just absolutely love her! She has the funniest and cutest personalities i have ever seen!

Shauna said...

We love that Lucy! She keeps us hopping so I can only imagine what she does for you

Gwen said...

Lucy, I think I love you as much as your Mom! I wonder if you will still check my bottle drawer when you are 16 just to make sure there is a supply there. I have always thought it was interesting how you have lived your life up on the counter tops, so you could be as tall as everyone else. I am glad you are your mom's best friend.

geralyn said...

She is so cute, and I love that she says thank you in her prayers that way Ethan does the same its so cute!!

atkinson family said...

Your family is beautiful! I can't believe how big they are getting.
5th grade? what'd you do have her in high school? I swear we're not that old. I'm glad I found your blog- I'll be dropping by often. Its been fun seeing you lately. Hopefully we can keep that up!

Palinista! said...

She IS a very special child :). Last week or so when I was out for a walk w/Chubs, Lucy and her posse were gathered in the middle of the street in front of Passmore's and they were plotting something . . . then one of them whispered "hey it's Zoey's Mom" and they hurried and turned around and waved to me. Anyway, the point of that story is Lucy, the ring leader, was just wearing jeans. That's right, no shoes, no shirt, if she was on her way to Walker's w/Meagan, she would have no service!! :) I love Lucy Kim.