Thursday, October 16, 2008

Viking Football

My two boys after another fun filled football season! Even though we got JIPPED out of our post season playoff games we had a great season from start to finish. Jason got to coach Max this year & I'm not sure which one had more fun. Max loves having his Dad as his coach!! (except when he makes him run too much) and Jason loved to spend every night with his boy.



Max we are glad we have our little football player in our family! You did so great this year and most importantly always tried your best!!

As you can see the whole family gets into the Viking Spirit. Emilee loves to go to the games as much as me! She likes to wear her brothers jersey and cheer and yell the whole game. I can often hear Lucy yelling "You Rock Max!" from the sidelines. Thats one of the perks of being the only boy in our family. He will always have plenty of cheerleaders! One of the games I had Emilee stay home and babysit because it was pouring rain and freezing cold. She was so sad she had to miss the game. She called me every 10 minutes for a score update.


Jason told me that coaching this team was his very favorite thing. I put him to the test and asked: "Would you rather?" ......
...Go snowmobiling, four wheeling, motorcycling or coach football?
...Play on your own softball, basketkball, or football team or coach football?
...Go boating at Lake Powell and wakeboard or coach football?
All of which are on the top of his list of favorite things to do. Especially wakeboarding!!! But believe it or not he chose coaching football. That tells you the fun he had this year!!!!


It isn't easy as a mom to see your little boy take some hard tackles over and over and over. But his Dad taught him to get up brush it off and get back on the line just like it never hurt.

This picture cracks me up! Every time after the boys were finished warming up and getting their last minute practice in they would line up against the fence to relieve themselves before the big game started. I guess it's a boy thing????


Check out the cute girls who held the break through posters every week.





Can you see Max's cute Grandma in the end zone cheering him on for the touch down?

Way to go Vikings!! Until Next Year!

8 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Love the lineup fence picture!

JaMie HeApS said...

max you little football stud!! we are some bumbed we missed seeing you this year. im sure you made amazing qb and how could you not havign the most dedicated football coach around. your amazing j lets just not let it interfear with anymore family vacations ok

Gwen said...

Max, you are so lucky to have your mom and dad. They love you oh so much! Dads like yours are one in a million. You look so tough in your football uniform, and you played so amazing. You ran in so many touchdowns and even started passing for touchdowns. I loved it when you called me after your games and told me about them. Thank you. I love you Max.

atkinson family said...

Love the football pictures. Max is so cute. Football was a blast this year. I'm still hoping for some miracle that could get us into the playoffs, that part stinks. Wish we could of played this year. Maybe next!

oodlesofoversons said...

Love it! He's a stud!

lisa said...

It was a good season, but I'm glad it's over (except that we did get jipped over playoffs). It was entertaining watching Max play out there. He was definately the MVP.

Palinista! said...

Yea Vikings! Thank you coach Miller and Kim, our team mother. It was fun watching the boys come together as a team. Max was a fantabulous QB. I think I need to steal some of your pictures since I forgot my camera . . . the WHOLE season! What a loser, I'm just so over the pictue taking for the year, completeley burned out for some reason :(. Bad Mommy!!

Heather said...

I love the picture of grandma in the end zone it seriously made me tear up. Why do we love this sport so much! I love watching the boys and the coaches, we're all pretty lucky to have husbands who care so much about these boys. I'm always sad when the season ends, I like it just as much as my boys. :)