Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Island Park

We finally had a much needed getaway. But this one wasn't to some place warm. We headed to Island Park Idaho for snow, snow, and more snow. The McSpadden's arranged such a fun weekend for us to go snowmobiling. (Darin's second love)

We left Thursday and drove in a storm all the way there. After 10 hours of slick & scary roads we arrived safely at the cabin. My arms were sore from holding on to the door handle so tight. I was a little nervous to say the least and had to close my eyes several times. When we arrived I was amazed at the amount of snow there. I had never seen so much snow in my life!! It was so beautiful! We got the huge trailer stuck in the snow for a little bit when we first arrived. (It was about midnight.) But we weren't worried, we had Chris, and his truck pulled us out with no problem.



Staying warm was our biggest priority. Looking good went out the window.

6 comments:

Palinista! said...

What do you mean this is high fashion in my book. I figure these days this is so much more flattering on me than a swimming suit on some beach so I'm happy with it. PS my perfect couple comment was not a mockery - you guys are the best and totally perfect fam, we LOVE you!

Hills said...

How fun is that! For Valentines Chad has planned a little excursion for the 2 of us up at Daniels Summit for a day of Snowmobiling. At first I wasn't excited, which I think really disappointed him, just because I'm soooo sick of the snow right now. But looking at your pics and seeing how much fun you guys had makes me excited to go! I'm glad you guys had a safe trip!

Tanya said...

Much deserved break for all you busy moms! Looks like it was a fab time. What a great way to have fun in the winter.

Kelly said...

Looks like Fun! I'm glad you got to end the day with that Hot Tub! How fun to have such fun friends. I'm so happy you had a good time and even happier you are home safe!

Kris and BJ said...

Ha...we were going to West Yellowstone on Thursday too but we chickened out. Actually, I was allready up at our cabin by myself waiting for the 4 other families and my Wife...they still cancelled. I spent a total of 12 hours at our cabin then hit the scary roads. They were as bad as I have ever seen them. The amount of snow up there was amazing. That one of the sweet spots of Mother Nature. Looks like you guys had a blast. Wish my crew did not bail!

jeannie said...

THat looks like fun and brings back memories. I love Island Park we went snowmobiling there for our honeymoon long long ago. Looks like a fun group of friends you have.