Saturday, October 13, 2007

UEA BREAK

Thursday morning, we loaded the Tahoe, hooked onto the boat and off we set for a little UEA fun. The original plan was to spend the weekend in St. George. But as we started down the road we decided to change our plans. When I married Jason a learned the meaning of "fly by the seat of your pants". He likes to go with the flow and doesn't like set plans. We had a hotel room in St. George reserved but as we drove we decided to head to Lake Powell instead. I spent some serious time calling around in Page trying to find us a room there. Of course everything was pretty much booked up. After several calls, we found us a room and headed to Wahweep. When we arrived, we headed straight for the Lake. We went in the bathrooms there, changed into our swimsuits, and headed down the boat ramp.

As you know there is nothing Jason loves more than boating, and he has been dying to get to Lake Powell all summer. It has been over 5 years since we have been to Lake Powell so he was very anxious!! The sun was shinning and the water was perfect. We headed down the channel and found us a nice little cove to play at. The kids began to jump in and swim and I knew Jason was dying to get wake boarding. So I offered to pull him first since the water was glass. He jumped in, got up, and started showing us his skills. With a big smile on his face he was so happy to finally be at Lake Powell!!! Everything was perfect until.....




Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kelly said...

Never seen such Happy Sweet Faces! Those are some BIG Smiles! Life is GOOOD when your having FUN!

JaMie HeApS said...

yes jason is a by the pants kind of man

Melisa said...

Looks like you had away FUN time!

Catherine said...

What a fun and eventful trip! I hate the thought of having to pull Tony behind the boat. I would for sure have the same out come, if not worse!!! I'm so glad that it all worked out. What cute kids! I can't make the fun Thriller this weekend...I'm going to visit my sister Kim in NYC! Yay. I'm sad to miss. Have fun and let's DO get together soon.

oodlesofoversons said...

Hey Kim! Thanks for your message on my blog. Why are we such losers about keeping in touch & how in the world did Jamie find my blog? Sorry I missed your b-day...looks like you had a great one! Seriously, call me!
Love ya-
Andrea

Unknown said...

fun,fun,and more fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!