Saturday, October 13, 2007

OPPS!!!

Yep, I heard the most awful sound as I scraped the boat along rocks. I accidently drove through this shallow area and the prop and scag were chewed right up. I can't explain the sick feeling that came over me. I shut the boat off immediately and could hear Jason screaming from behind. THANK GOODNESS he wasn't hurt!!!! He had just realized what I had done. I felt Horrible!! I was so glad he wasn't hurt, but was sick not knowing how much damage was done. Jason looked at the prop and we could see that it wasn't good. We were both scared that the boat wasn't going to run and that we would be stuck out in the middle of Lake Powell with four kids and no way back. With a lot of prayers, the boat started up and we took it slow as we headed back. Jason could see how awful I felt and tried to tell me that it was okay, even though I knew he really wanted to let me have it. All I could think of is how I ruined the trip. We hadn't even been there for an hour and the boat was ruined and what do you do with 4 kids in Page Arizona without a boat? Luckily we made it back to land alright and headed for our hotel. Now what? We weren't sure but we went back, changed and went to dinner at a little Mexican resturant.

The next morning we got up not knowing what plan B would be. We drove around Page trying to find someone that could look at our Boat and help us decide what needed to be done. We spent the next couple hours on the phone and talking to several different fix it shops. We decided to get a new prop and do our best to straighten out our skag. After all we had finally made it to Lake Powell and we couldn't bear the thought of heading back home.


As Jason was fixing the boat we had some quality time in the room with each other.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Kim your looken Like a beaauty Queen... As Always! So sorry to see the bo bo!

JaMie HeApS said...

POO BALLS j im so impressed you handeled the bad news so good cuz matt o nthe other hand wow watch out.

oh and me likee kims sad face