Tuesday, October 4, 2011

A Perfect Weekend

I celebrated another birthday and felt the LOVE!
My kids went out of their way all day to make sure I had the best birthday ever, and I did!


The morning of my birthday I woke up to this.



Abbie and Lucy wrapped up some of my favorite things around the house and regifted them to me. Max was bothered that they weren't "real" presents, but honestly they were some of my favorite gifts I have ever recieved.



Some of them included, pictures of me and the kids, old perfume, stickers, plastic flowers, a temple hankerchief, a cross stitched pillow, etc.



This girl headed up all of great birthday suprises, including waking up early to make sure I had breakfast and cleaning the kitchen the night before. I love her!!
I spent my Saturday watching my favorite boy play in his football game. And I honestly couldn't think of a better way to spend a Saturday.





And best of all it was Conference Weekend! Which meant no meetings, staying in our pj's all day as a family, and listening to the great council of our Prophet and our other church leaders.


In between sessions we rode up to Bridal Viel Falls and Sundance to see the beautiful fall leaves. The weather was absolutely perfect and the mountains are so BEAUTIFUL right now!





That night we had a fun dinner up at my parents with my two brothers. The grand finale was Nicole's delicious apple pie and carmeled apples. It was a perfect ending to a perfect weekend.
Thank you everyone that made my birthday so great!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday, Kim!

Such a super sweet post. Your kids are so thoughtful and cute!

jamie heaps said...

Looks like the perfect weekend and day and it should being seeing how ur the perfect mom!! I'm so glad u got spoiled by ur kids!! And the pic up the canyon make me crave ut!! Remember they day we took the kids up there, I loved that day together! Wish I could snap and b laying on that blanket talking to u while the kids throw rocks and hike! I love u so much kimmy!! Im in awe of all u do I look up to u and hope some day a little of u wil rub off on me! Happy happy bday I hope I get ur package today as always late.... Xoxo

oodlesofoversons said...

Happy {belated} birthday, cute friend! Sounds like you had a great day/weekend. You deserve it. Let's play.

Gwen said...

Kimmy, I love September because it is your Birthday! Conference, pretty leaves, yummy cool air, and you all go together. I think September are your colors. Your house looks so darn cute right now. Your family is lucky to have such a homie, colorful home created by their mom. I am coming to see Max and Abbie today, hopefully with Dad. I love the pictures and I am so glad I am one with the Internet now. (That was a suppose to be a joke) Thank you for letting me come over on Thursday morning. It was my thumbs up for the day. I love you.

Kelly said...

KIM.. Happy Birthday my Favorite Big Sis. I love the pic of you. I was so glad I got to see you. It made my entire night. I am so glad your kids know how to Celebrate! You moring afternoon and night sound perfect! I love seeing the canyon and the falls. Made me miss you and Utah. I remember playing up there when we were little.
I wish I could give you a giant birthday squeeze!
xoxoxox

Muriel Miller said...

Kim I feel like the worst sister-in-law ever!!!! I feel horrible that we are just now wishing you a happy birthday! It looks like you had one amazing day and weekend! You deserve it! We miss you so much and can't wait to come back to Utah and hang out with you all again! Miss you so much!