Monday, May 10, 2010

Mothers Day

Mother's Day is my favorite day of the year!
There is nothing better than special treament with ... extra I love you's and kisses, cards, and special homemade gifts from my kids.
This year I got to go with my Lucy to Mom and Muffin day at preschool and I couldn't have felt any luckier. She is the CUTEST preschooler I have ever seen!!!
Sunday Morning I woke up to the smell of yummy cinnamon rolls being baked by Jason and the sound of the vacuum going and dishes being done.
Emilee helped to get the girls ready for church and I had cards and letters set out on the table.
Then after an awesome day at church, we headed up the Canyon for some family time.
The weather was beautiful and I was with my very favorite people.
It was at the top of my favorite days and one I will never forget!

They are the reason that my life is soo good!!

"A Mother holds a child's hand for a while...their hearts forever."

"Want your kids to hear you? Buy a megaphone!"

"How is it that a woman can carry a baby, a purse, a diaper bag, groceries and still unlock the front door?"

"Fund your retirement plan...install a pay phone."

"You can always tell if a couple doesn't have kids by their white furniture & carpets."

"Think of gray hair as military stripes... you've earned 'em."


"Save time with toddlers...put the food directly on the floor."

"Sleeps like a baby, usually means up all night."

"Toddlers feel it is their duty to find out just how much toilet paper is on the roll."
"Don't aggravate yourself; keep your kid's bedroom door shut."
Then we ended our perfect day visiting both of our Grandma's who we love so much!!!
Thank you for making my Mother's Day so perfect!
And I will let you in on my little secret....
(I am pretty sure that I was the first in line to pick my children in heaven!)

5 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Love your post! You have such a cute/fun family! Love your family header picture!

jamie heaps said...

ohh i can imagine what that mommy muffin day was like, i love misty. how lucky you are to have lucy to yourself for muffins. looks and sounds like mothers day was a hit, the canyon looks like heavin i would have loved to cruz it with you, dose jay have the skate baord mastered? your the cutest mom kim, you go a million miles an hour getting your kids to all the dance and sports the love, have tasty dinners always prepared and serve your whole ward like no other. your a mom to all. i love you

Kelly said...

Oh I loved each quote... they were Great! Loved the photos of the kids and so Happy to see you and Jay. Jay working the rip-stick and you in your happy yellow shirt. You look great! I am so happy to hear you got the Extra Good Treatment! Sounds like a wonderful day. I got homesick seeing those beautiful Mountains! I love you. I love hearing all about your Mothering... the Cheese Grater will be a all time Favorite! I love you! I am so lucky to be your little sister!
xoxoxo

Gwen said...

Kimmy, what a fun day for your family, they all look so happy. Dad and I especially love the close ups of the kids, and the quotes. Thank you for helping me with the computer today. Your house always feels so good. You are looking mighty thin. love ya!

Gwen said...

Kim, again you open up the world to me. Thank you for the link list you made for me. The Mormon add video of Stephanie is so amazing!!!! Aren't we lucky to get to feel her feelings. I am a better person this morning. Thank you!