Thursday, May 27, 2010

Field Day


Field Day is one of our favorite days of the year.



After all we are Millers and we are just a bit competitive.



This being Emilee's last year she decided that it was her year to WIN!





She has been preparing and training for months now for the big mile marathon.


She is fast as lightening and was READY!


The morning of she woke up early and was ready to compete. I must of heard her say 20 times I have got to win! I know I can do it.






So this picture is her lined up with her friends ready for the whistle to blow.


There are millions of kids lined up in one spot. All the 4th - 6th Graders race against each other at the same time. So when the whistle blows it is chaotic to say the least.


Just seconds off the starting line Jason and I see Emilee fall down hard. I couldn't even believe it! In that moment I knew the devastation that was going to follow. She stood up with tears in her eyes and bloody knees, not knowing quite what to do. She started walking over to us but there were still millions of kids trying to run by and she couldn't' really get to us. Her Dad yelled "It's okay Emilee you can still do it." She hesitated for just a second seeing everyone way in front of her and then took off. I started to cry feeling so bad -knowing how much this meant to her.





She ran her little heart out- bruised and scraped and way behind.

But she gave it her best and ended up coming in 5th place out of all the girls.


She was hurting and so disappointed.





But I was so PROUD of her! She didn't give up. It didn't turn out the way she had hoped but she did her best and gave it everything she had.

After the race, when I saw how bad her knees and hands really were and I couldn't believe she had finished.

Jason had to take her to the Insta Care where she had to get 5 stitches.


She was so brave! The only thing she was worried about was missing out on the rest of the races and activities. She just kept saying..."I can't miss my relays!"


After she was cleaned up and stitched she headed back for the rest of the field day fun.





I love you Emilee!


You truly are a real WINNER to me!





Her cute teacher snuck her a medal anyway and told her that he knew she would of won a medal anyway and that she deserved it.



Then it was the K-3rd Grade Race.

Max being the oldest in his group this year was determined that it was his year to WIN.
Last year he took a 3rd place medal and this year he had his mind set on 1st.


This is him just about to cross the finish line.

The girl in front of him just popped out of the crowd and joined the race in the last minute.

But don't worry he still wasn't going to let her cross first. He put on his wheels and zoomed in first place. The other man next to him is the principal.



Way to Go MAX!!!

I love your determination!!!!





Abbie and Max were in the same race.



Abbie is the one that always reminds us that the race is just for fun!

She did have fun and ran her best!

She got a ribbon for being one of the first (of ? so many) girls finished.



Abbie you are AWESOME and were definately the cutest runner there!




After the marathon they have fun class activities and day full of FUN!






Abbie made sure she spent every single last penny that I have her on treats.

She didn't just buy one snow cone...she needed one for each hand.


Right after the Marathon we raced over to Lucy's preschool Graduation.


She was ready for her turn!

She sang her little heart out and told us that when she grows up she wants to be a skater.

We were so glad we had Brooklyn to go to school this year with!



And we were lucky enough to have Grandma there with us for all the excitement of the day! Thanks Mom for chasing and wrastling Jayne ALL day!


After Lucy's Graduation we hurried back to watch Emilee run her relays.

She ran on two different relay teams.

An All Girl Team and a Coed Team.

As you can see she was AWESOME even wounded!




7 comments:

jen jen said...

em you are so tough i would have been balling if that happened to me! i cant beleive that you took 5th place! love ya!

JaMie HeApS said...

em you tough cookie you... glad you got a gold medal but better then that you just proved yourself the "most athletic girl" maxy first place whoot whoo you are a stud and abbs there is something to say about makeing running fun, good work. what a blast i have a feelin laguna this year is going to be races and more races and im so in.

Shauna said...

Love field day! One of the best school days ever!! And I love those Miller kids!

McKinnley said...

WOW!! If that happened to me would given up right there! You are really determined!! When my mom told me that heppened I was freaking out!! (dillian looks really cute there!! HAHA)
♥. McKinnley

Gwen said...

Oh Millers I am so proud of all you! Being with you today was my best day so far. You are all kind and talented and gorgeous. Maybe we need to give a cheer for the anchorman. . . Kim! Kim you give your all for you family, they are still too young to realize all the many many hours you put in to make their lives run. You feed them, clothe them, run them everywhere, teach them, pray for them and cheer them on, all with wiggly Jayne on your hip. I think the real hero is you! Now on to summer where you will probably run faster. Take those vitamins and put a sign on your door for nap time. Maybe you could call it the mystery hour, but everyone would be sneaking around trying to figure out how to join you. Millers house is just plain fun, what the heck.

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Holy Cow Em you are one tough chick!!! Good job Max and Abbie you guys did awesome! And Cute Lucy good job on graduating preschool! We sure do miss seeing you guys every sunday! Hope all is going well!

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness I must have dreamed that I posted here.. I can't believe what a eventfull day you had! Max you worked it! Kade wants to race you! I love Em brave-ness! Abby you look so old and Lucy I can't believe you are old enough to go to school! And lil Jayne I wish I could give you a giant kiss! You were filled with plenty of fun and entertainment Kim! I hope you were able to all sleep in and recover from all the events!
I love you!
Happy Summer!