Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Let the Festivities Begin!

Yesterday started the beginning of the end...
I spent the entire day down at the kids school watching all of their fun year end activities.
My baby graduated from Elementary school and is ready for bigger and better things. Doesn't she look grown up?

Some of her very best friends are the neighbor boys.



At the awards assembly Emilee got "Most Athletic Girl"

Emilee has always claimed that she isn't athletic but this year we have been finding that isn't the case! Have you seen her play soccer or run a sprint?


Emilee has been lucky to have such great friends. She has loved 6th grade and has had some great teachers who have taught her a lot.
We are so proud of you Emilee! You have worked so hard this year and are such an incredible girl! We LOVE you and feel so lucky to have you for a daughter!


The next special event yesterday was Max's talent show.
Because we aren't a musical family (at least that we know of yet) he did what he does best...
showed off his unbelievable ball handling skills! He was called up very first and got up there as brave as can be. I wish I had better pictures to really showcase his great talent.


You will have to use your imagination for the rest.

Darrin Williams or the Harlem Globe Trotters have Nothing over this kid!!


Good Work Buddy! I was impressed.
Then he also helped a couple of buddies with their talents and threw the football with them and did a cute skit.


He got the "Best Team Leader" award at the Awards Assembly.
(If you are wondering why is wearing a beanie and coat at the end of May....well we woke up to a complete blizzard today and he was prepared. I am praying that it is the last!)
Lucy was a good sport watching all of her big brother and sisters!
And it helps to always have a friend.

This little girl on the other hand was NAUGHTY with a capital N!!
She caused more havoc in one day than I thought possible.
It didn't help that she was exhausted and wanted her crib. She kept running over to the stage during graduation and ended up in the middle of Max's talent show and Abbie's Play kicking and screaming.
I guess that is what happens when you are the baby of 5. Naps just don't exist.

And then it was Abbie's turn.
We got to watch Abbie's cute play in her class. She was the cutest little cowgirl I had ever seen! She even said her memorized lines with a western twang. Her face just beamed when she saw Jason and I walk in and smiled from ear to ear the whole time. Abbie you were amazing! I am just hoping that nobody in Hollywood was there watching -because they would be all over that talent.
Abbie also got the "Best Attitude" Award this year.

I love you kids and I am excited for the fun summer ahead!

7 comments:

jamie heaps said...

oh you guys have been busy, i love all the indivdual awards thay all sound so perfect for each of them... em you look way to old i can t belive jr high is next on docket, and i can so see teh athletic girl in you even though your old aunt jamie can still kick your trash in a race!!!
max you look just like darrin williams but as handsome as korver, love the basketball skills i bet the ne court in coming in handy. abbie your the cuttest little cow girl ive ever seen ye ha.

Melisa said...

Oh how I love the end of the school year programs, cause that means summer break WAHOO! You all look so cute in all your programs.

McKinnley said...

That looks So fun!! I will have race you next time I see you!! WOW!! Dillian is HOT!!! haha You and dresden look realy cute! I love your dresses!
♥. McKinnley

esk said...

What a lovely blog! I can see/feel the love as I read the posts and view the pictures.

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

haha love your kids! love your family!
Emily is so old and beautiful! She's going to attract the boys in middle school.. you better watch her close.

jen jen said...

Em you look sooooo cute in your dress! and you and dillon look good togther! i had fun with you at the track meet!

Kelly said...

WOW are the Millers filled with Talents or what? I love each one of you! I am missing out on watching all these fun events. I wish McKinnley could have been with you Em on your graduation to sneak a peak of *You know Who... you look so Beautiful! Abby you make one darling cow girl... Dax I can't wait to cheer you and Kade on in a few years when you are both playing hoops together..
Aunt Kelly Loves you All!