Friday, March 19, 2010

March Madness

Whew! What a busy month it has been!
I love March because there is always a hint of spring in the air. Every time we see the sun come out we head out and try to soak it in.

Jayne is realizing that there is life outside of our house and stands at the door and begs to go play.
I love to listen to her giggle uncontrollably when we push her in the swing.





And then of course the next day looks like this.




This month I registered both Lucy for Kindergarten and Emilee for Jr. High.
Talk about rough on a mom!! This next year will be extra hard on me. During our Jr. High orientation I just had a sick stomach through the whole thing. I literally was having flash backs of just being there. Where does the time go? When I got out to the car I immediately called Jason and lost it.
She of course is so excited about it all and ready to move on.
But then again not so much when it came time for her 7th grade physical and shots.
This is how she felt about her shots.

Lucy on the other hand was all smiles at the doctor. She was ready for those shots, especially if it means that she will get to go to school with her brother and sisters. Can my baby really be this old?


This month we also enjoyed a Monday night at Family Skate night.

I kept reminding Emilee that I had my eye on her. It was fun to see her with all of her friends both boys and girls and see that she is growing up.
Some stranger came and asked her to "snowball" and as they started to skate he tried to hold her hand and she pulled it away and said no. They skated side by side in silence. When he asked her what school she went to and she said Lindon Elementary I think he was in shock.



Lucy and Brooklyn are scootering pro's and love to be together!

This month we have also had some losses.
We have had Emilee's IPOD, our t.v remote control, and our house phone all end up in the toilet and ruined thanks to this little girl.

She loves to pretend to call her Dad and talk to him all day.

And this time of year always means a lot of dance competitions and recitals.
I spent a fun day up in Ogden with just these two cute girls and watched them dance like stars!


6 comments:

Shauna said...

It is so funny that you are posting about "madness" because I was just thinking about you this morning. You forgot to mention on top of all that that you planned the RS B-day fiesta, hosted a wedding shower, took care of 5 kids, kept a clean house (ok maybe not the laundry room), support Jason and his basketball and run your kids from activity to activity. I know I have missed a lot of things but what I am trying to say is that you amaze me. You juggle so much and still manage to keep a smile on that cute face. I love ya to pieces and am so glad you are my friend.

Gwen said...

Wow!! What a lot of happening at the Millers, cute snow man to school shots. Emilee, don't let those boys hold your hand. Abbie I have been thinking of that beautiful Abigail in the scriptures, you will always remind me of her! Lucy you can't be old enough to go to school with everyone, what fun!!! Max you are way lucky to get to come home to watch the BYU game. Hope tomorrow will bring another good game. Lucy, you lay off the the toilet dunking. I love You!!!!!!!

McKinnley said...

O that looks all so fun!! Emilee, i started crying to when I had to get my 12 year old shots!! WOW a boy wanted to hold your hand!! smoochy smoochy!! lol
Love, McKinnley

JaMie HeApS said...

i would say some madness. what a busy mom you have been, and how fun. i cant belive em is in kindergarten you need to have her call her aunt kelly, so she can get some scary stories. and good work on the not holding hands thing. dont do em, it gross. and to my little lucy what will you do without miss misty? dax still misses that lady. i bet you'll be the smartest one there. abby i cant waite to see all your dance moves, i know you gotz them. jayners no more toleits encle matt would be furious.

Kelly said...

Madness to say the Least! WOW I was tired about 1/3 of the way of reading! You are AMAZING! I love that you keep going with all the extra fun even with the R/S Party, the showers, football, basketball, dance, being Mom...
I loved all the photos to document the fun! I hope you can sit back, kick your feet up breath deep and relax this week! Go into hiding for a bit! Order Pizza tonight and call it Good!
I Love You

atkinson family said...

Such cute kids! I am loving Spring as well but I am grateful to say not near as busy as you are! Im laughing that Emilee is old enough to be going to Jr. High, but then my heart aches for you- I am not looking forward to those times. I just don't want the kids growing up! Emilee is beautiful- good luck with all of the boys. I am excited to get together with everyone. Its been too long. See ya on Monday!