Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Twelve Years

Twelve years ago today my life was changed forever!!!!
This beautiful girl has filled it full of such happiness.
She has been my guinea pig as I have blindly been learning how to be a mother, and she has taught me so much along the way.
Twelve Years ago today I held her in my arms and didn't know such a love existed.

She has become everything a mother would hope for in a daughter.

I joke that I could give her her own apartment and a set of keys to a car and she could take care of herself. She sets her own alarm each day and is up before any of the rest of us. She gets herself completely ready, does all of her homework without being asked and gets straight A's. She is an incredible little cook, and does her own laundry a lot of the time. She helps take care of all of her brother and sisters and steps in as a second Mom all the time.

I never knew 12 years could pass so quickly.
Emilee is so excited to be going into Young Women's, Junior High, and is constantly reminding me that she is not a little girl anymore. Last Saturday my Mom, Emilee, and I got to go to the General Young Women's Conference up at the Conference Center and it was so fun to have her there with us.

I never knew that at 12 years old she would almost be as tall as me and would be my best freind.
"Did you get your warm up's on?"

I also didn't know that by the time she was 12 she would already be to old and to cool for:
Crazy Hair Day
Kisses from her Dad
And a birthday lunch date from her Mom.

Twelve years ago today was the happiest day of my life up to that point.
And Emilee has filled if full of happy days and memories ever since!
I love you Emilee!!!
Happy Birthday! May the next 12 years go much slower!!


8 comments:

atkinson family said...

So cute! She is so grown up and beautiful! I would love to have a second helper like that! Im so glad you all got to go up to YW conf. that looks like fun. It was so fun to see you on Monday. I know we've said it before, but we need to do that more often. (and really do it.) Kelly

Melisa said...

Happy Birthday EM!!!! WeLove you and think you are the best! I can't believe how fast you have grown up. seems like yesterday we were taking you to the baby contest! You are super Beautiful! I am sure all the boys are after yeah!!!!

McKinnley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EMILEE!! I hope you a Awesome birthday! You are so pretty! Wear do you get all your stylish clothes??? There sooo cute!! You look like Miley cyrus in all those pictures! Your a young woman now!! YAY!!I wish I could be there to give a big hug! I love emilee! Your the bomb!! love, McKinnley

jen jen said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!i totay agree with mckinnley that you are so pretty! are you exided for young womans?!!! it is so fun!

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday! YOu look so Beautiful! And it breaks my heart to think we couldn't have given you a birthday hug! I hope you got the message.. McKinnley was broken hearted she couldn't talk to you... she will call you and get the birthday scoop! Look on her blog... she was working hard on it!
Love you! Head to Toe!

jamie heaps said...

em my little girl, remeber when i lived close and you snuck over to my house for a halloween party at school and i got to do you up, i remeber looking at you that day and thinking you were the cutest thing around i still have that picture and when ever i see it i smile. i love you and cant belive your 12, i kinda think your part mine. love you

Gwen said...

Oh Sweet Emilee, Happy Birthday! What a treat it was for me to spend a whole day with you!!!! I too love everything about you. I think you have the very best traits from both your Mom and Dad. That makes you almost perfect! Hope to see you on Easter! We have another little animal surprise to show you.

oodlesofoversons said...

I can't believe she is 12!! Holy cow, we're getting old. She is beautiful! How lucky to be able to go with your Mom and your new little Beehive to the YW broadcast. How fun!