Friday, October 2, 2009

Feeling OLD but loved!

I know everyone says that they don't feel their age. But REALLY, how can I be 35? It just doesn't seem right!! I have to say that I had another great birthday! There is nothing like having a family to spoil you for a whole day.

My brother always teases me that I like to milk my birthday and try to celebrate it for weeks at a time. And maybe I do.... this year I certainly got the treatment for several days.

I spent a fun day with my Mom and Dad at Thanksgiving Point on Monday. And then Wednesday morning I woke up to this.....

The kids set their alarms early and got up and made me the yummiest crumb cake for breakfast with candles and all. And of course I had the cutest homemade cards from each one of them. My favorite part of my whole day was when all 5 of them came into my room singing happy birthday. Oh how I love them!!! Thank you kids! I will always remember that!
And when I came down stairs I saw these beautiful roses on the counter from Jason. Talk about a great start to a day! The rest of the day continued with phone calls, texts, and stop bys from all of my favorite people, going to lunch, and even a little shopping. Thanks Jeanette for keeping Lucy.
We ended the night off by eating at the Pizza Factory and over to Jason's parents for cake.
Thank you everyone that made my day so special! It is kinda fun to be queen for the day or two or three!

P.S. Kelly I love my present you gave me!!

9 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

Happy late birthday! I'm so glad you have such a special family and had such a great birthday!

jamie heaps said...

oh kimmy, you are loved and its so wierd to see you with all the little ones around you, there not to little any more. im so glad you had a good day.. tell jay i love the "too-lips" and ask him if theres a diffrent reason then just the birthday that he got them. i wish i could have been there to party with you in some way, lunch massage, or tickel mabey a hair die, treats and some good kimmy talk. I think your the most amazing mom and wife and sister ever, it amazes me how you get done all that you do, your looking like one fab foxy 35 year old. i love you. happy birthday
and im wainting to know what kelly gave you, spill the beans.

Shauna said...

Well this loser friend didn't do anything! I also tell myself I am going to remember your birthday and then the next thing I know it passes by. Just know how much I love you and am so glad that you are my friend. You are an amazing person!

oodlesofoversons said...

Happy belated birthday, Kim. We were in Boston, but I remembered it was your special day! Glad you had a great one! xoxo

atkinson family said...

Dang! You are old :) Looks like a fun day. I thought about your birthday last week and was hoping you were getting spoiled. Happy Birthday!

Michelle said...

Happy Birthday!! 35 is the new 21 ... right?

Kelly said...

You are a Queen! I am Happy to see you Celebrated! Looks like Jay came through with those Beautiful Flowers, Lunch and pizza for dinner! I read your post and thought it said the kids made you Crab cake... for breakfast and I was feeling so sorry for you... After I re-read it I was feeling muc better knowing it was Crumb cake! How cute... Love them!
Your table decor looks Fab! I am happy you like it?! I have thought of it 100 times. Wish I could have snuck one in my suit case! Thank you for the yummy dip idea. It was SMASHING! I LOVE you ! I am always in AWE of you... how you Always look Top Notch... How you celebrate Life, have such a Beautiful Happy smile, How you Always know how to have Fun! You have some Killer Cooking skills. You are the best! Ilove you and count myself Blessed each day to know you are my sister! I loved talking to you the other day. It made my day. I wish I was close enough to give you a GIANT Hug! I Love you and Miss you... Thanks for being You! You always make me want to be a better Wife, Mother and Friend!
xoxoxo
Happy Birthday!

Gwen said...

Miller kids, thank you for taking good care of my little girl on her birthday! The crumb cake sounded wonderful for a birthday breakfast. That was true love to get up early to make it. Kim you will always be surrounded by loved ones on your birthday because you love so many people. I loved sitting next to you at Ice Age, wrestling cute Jayne, and finding your ear ring. It was a good night. I find myself washing my hands more often. I love you!

jeannie said...

Happy Bday Kim! I haven't visited your blog for a while and looks like you have been busy! Are you missin your sis as much as me??
Your baby is so darling and I can't believe how fast time goes and how much she has grown already.
Also, good decision on the dog. I love ours but I wish wish wish we wouldn't have gotten one because the kids get sick of them after a while and then you are stuck with it still because they are too attached to give it up!