Monday, May 11, 2009

Motherhood is not for Wimps!

"Any mother could perform the jobs of several air-traffic controllers with ease!"
"Insanity is hereditary; you get it from your children."
"A young boy said to his mother, 'How old were you when I was born?' His mother replied, '23.' 'Wow that is a lot of time we missed spending together.'"
"Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible."
"A Mother understands what a child does not say."
A few of the things I love about being a Mom:
1. When I go in their rooms at night and see them all sleeping so innocently.
2. When I hear the door open each day as my kids walk in from school. They all talk as fast as they can to give me all the details of their days.
3. When I walk into Jayne's room to get her out of her crib and her eyes light up when she sees
me coming.
4. Listening to Lucy's sweet prayers.
5. When Max looks up at me after he does something good in a game to make sure I am watching.
6. Watching Abbie's determination on her face as she plays soccer.
7. Getting served breakfast in bed by one of the world's best cooks, Emilee!
8. The words "I love you Mom" for no reason.
9. Having Jayne to snuggle up with and sleep next to every morning until we have to get up.
10. Sitting all together around the dinner table at night and talking about our highs and lows of the day.
My Greatest Blessing in this life has been being a Mom!
And being raised and loved by the best Mom in the World!
Happy Mothers Day!

6 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

NO IT IS NOT!!! glad it was a good day, and i loved hearing what you love about mother hood, i have alot of the same ones on my list. just wish you and jay would have jumped in the pic and used the timer, do you need me to show you how to work that baby? cuz im all over it. loved lunch today and hope the drs. gose well. love ya

Jess and Joe said...

You have such great kids Kim!! And you have always been an awesome mom and a great example to me of what a mother should be like. =]
I hope you had a great day!!

Michelle said...

What a fabulous post ... and AWESOME pictures! :)

Happy Mother's Day.

Kelly said...

What a postd! I LOVED IT! I could say "Dito" to your Fab. List! Love the photo of the kids! I miss them all so~ Can't you work a trip out this way We need a little Miller Time! Love the photo of you and Jayne! She is so LUCKY to have such a Awesome Mother! I love you and look up to you and all your great Mothering Skills! Thank you for your Great Example! I love calling you to hear all the tasks you Happly take on... hear about Lucy undressing Jayne and climbing on the counters. Yu have one Happy life! Happy Mothers Day!
I LOVE YOU!

Emilee said...

Mom I love as a mom!!! And i tasted one of those pancakes and they the nastiest thing on earth!! Thanks for always supporting me in all that I do!!

Lisa said...

There's a reason why everyone calls you "Mother Kim"...you really are an incredible woman and mom! It shines through your kids :)