Friday, January 9, 2009

Not without Him!

I could never make it through these lovely 9 months of being pregnant without the help of Jason! It makes everything better to have a best friend to go through the good and hard times with. I love that I can call him every time I walk out of the doctors office and have someone to talk to. He listens to all of my many daily complaints and has been so good at trying to understand and help in all the areas that I have been lacking.

He has become a pro at doing the dishes, grocery shopping, cleaning the entire house, putting kids to bed, ordering pizza, and he even took down all of our Christmas decorations this year. He does it all while trying to balance his busy work and church responsibilities. (I am hoping that it doesn't end when the baby comes!) And now I know if anything ever happens to me, my kids will be in good hands!! (And there will be no need for a new wife because he will have everything under control himself!)

He also tries hard to not comment about the state of our laundry room and the fact that it can be hard to find clean clothes at times. And of course puts up with my emotions, tears, and craziness.

It is no secret that Jason doesn't like me being pregnant any more than I do. (He claims it is as hard on him as it is on me, and of course I disagree!!) But we equally love having a family and are so excited for another little baby to join our family here soon. Every night over the past several months he has told me "one day closer." Last night he told me that he is now counting down the seconds. Me being pregnant has never been our favorite thing but what a blessing it has been for us over the past 12 years! We have been so lucky to have 4 healthy & incredible little friends to love forever. And we can't wait for another!!

Thank you Jason for all of your help, love, and support you have given me through it all! I will always love you for it!

14 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

That is very sweet! He is a great guy!

Heath Thompson said...

He is One Heck Of A Guy! I have missed him lately! What a blessing it is to have your Best Friend to wade through the Trials of life! I can amagin him cooking and flipping the flancy pancakes for the kids on Saturday morning as he sings and dances his "Special Jason Side Step" Or whistling as he cleans up the kitchen. He is amazing and I am so glad you two have each other! I totally agree NO need for another wife! I have your back on that one! That photo of him is Hot! He is so LUCKY to have another little girl to take care of here soon! What a treat! I can hardly stand it!
Love kelly

Mindy said...

That is so great that he helps you so much, what a great husband!! Oh, and by the way you looked great when I saw you last week at church, such a cute pregnant lady!

oodlesofoversons said...

That's so nice! What do women do that don't have hubbies that pitch in?? LOVED your comment about him not having to find another wife if something happened to you...classic! We need to play sometime...this is ridiculous!

JaMie HeApS said...

he is one in a million!!! you both are so lucky to have each other and pregancy is the WORST thing ever. it tends to be our hardest time in our marrage to. its just a darn good thing we get the cute kids we get out of it. one day closer is right, it will be here soon, and i cant waite to love on that baby. i had fun with you guys tonight, now if i can just get my tummy to settle down form the fantsy food. love ya

oh and we so loved jasons LOUD fart in the back room, sneaky j real sneacky

Bryan Stanley said...

How do you know Stephanie and Christian Nielson? I went to BYU with Christian. I am so sad to hear about the plane crash!

lisa said...

Okay Jason, you just scored brownie points from me! It really does make all the difference in the world when you have someone to make life a little easier. And no, there's no way Jason could ever replace you. Hang in there Kim, it's almost OvEr!!!

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

What a sweet husband! It must run in the family cause Lewis has been such a help to me also! Way to go Jay! What a good Hubby! And Kim NO ONE could ever replace you as a mom! There is just no way!

jeannie said...

That is cute!
Hey jamie told me a while back you were having a hard time with baby names. I don't know if you still are but I found this awesome site called
allnewbabynames.com and I love it!! Good Luck I know you are getting close!

jeannie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

I'm so glad that Jason announced you being pregnant at our family Christmas party....I was begining to wonder if you were preggers!
I can't wait to see your beautiful baby!

B said...

Kim,

I'm pretty impressed with YOU! (Not that Jason isn't great also...) If I had pregnancies like yours, there might have only been one. I hope you had a great Christmas. Sorry I didn't call. The night before we came Grant came down with a fever and cough. We spent the entire week dealing with sick kids as it worked its way through the family. Pretty miserable trip, actually! So sorry you're not feeling well. Hang in there a little bit longer...

Gwen said...

Jason I knew you were a keeper the first time I saw you. You have always been so tender with Kim! The day you went out on the dance floor to help Emmie because she was scared, was one of my all time favorites. Your ward is lucky, your kids are blessed, and Kim is forever gratiful to share your life. Thank you for all you do and all that you are. I love you too!

Gwen said...

Jason I knew you were a keeper the first time I saw you. You have always been so tender with Kim! The day you went out on the dance floor to help Emmie because she was scared, was one of my all time favorites. Your ward is lucky, your kids are blessed, and Kim is forever gratiful to share your life. Thank you for all you do and all that you are. I love you too!