Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Max is 8!

Can't believe my boy is 8 and ready to be baptized. A Birthday he has been waiting for for quite a while.
Max has been saving up his money for months to get a motorcycle. He has been working in the house, pulling weeds, babysitting and anything else he could do to earn a little money. We knew he was getting close to his goal so we decided that his birthday would be a perfect time to get it. Just days before he got out his money and showed us that he had earned his portion of the bike. I reminded him about paying his tithing and he told me that if he payed his tithing then he wouldn't have enough to buy the motorcycle. I told him that it was his decision to make. A few minutes later he came to me and told me that he didn't think he was going to pay his tithing and then the tears ran down his cheeks. He said " but then I won't be able to go to the celestial kingdom." So after a little more thought he decided to pay his tithing and work a little more to get that last little bit. With a little birthday money from his Grandma's he had enough for his bike. Saturday Morning we decided to celebrate both his and Lucy's birthday together. I had some presents wrapped on the table for them. Most of them were for Lucy to open and Max just had a pair of shorts and a shirt. I thought he would be wondering why the heck she had more. But he just opened his up and was so excited. He said these are the coolest shorts ever. Then after he watched Lucy open all of hers he got dressed and we asked him to take the garbage out. He gathered up all the wrapping paper and took the garbage out to the garage. Little did he know that he his real present was waiting out there. He was soo surprised and excited when he saw it sitting there. He spent the day riding up and down the streets and what a cute & cautious little rider he is!

Max- Out of all the little boys in the world, How was I lucky enough to get you? You are the Joy in our family and I truly feel so lucky to be your mom! You are good through and through!

8 things I love about my Max:

1. He is a real boy. Loves to play all sports, shoot guns, wrestle, get dirty, and do boy things with his Dad.

2. He loves to laugh! (Sometimes it gets his mom a little mad because he can't stop.)

3. He never wants to hurt anyone's feelings and is the peacemaker in our home. Even his friend once told me that we call him the peacemaker because he never wants anyone to get mad and fight. He is kind to everyone!
4. He loves his sisters and treats them like his best friends.

5. He takes out the garbage and is a big help around the house. He is even getting good at the dishes!

6. He tries his very best at everything he does. In sports he has this look of sheer determination on his face and he gives 110%. He doesn't like to lose and takes everything very serious. I have never seen anyone so determined to make a goal in soccer this year than Max and he won't stop until he does!

7. He is willing to try anything even if he is a little unsure. Max gets his cautiousness from his Mom but he doesn't let fear get the best of him. He gets out on the knee board behind the boat and wakeboards with his Dad. He loves to try all things and have fun!

8. Max has a very tender heart and wants to do what is right. He never wants to get in trouble! He is very obedient and is a good example to our family. He is excited to be baptized and become a scout.

We love you Max! We have been so blessed to have you for a Son!

Happy 8th Birthday!

8 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

What a great kid! Love the tithing story! Now he can join the bike gang in the neighborhood! How fun! I'm sure he will appreciate his bike so much because he had to work for it.

Colett (*.*) said...

Max really is a sweet, tenderhearted kid. Happy Birthday and I am proud of him that he made the right decision about tithing.

oodlesofoversons said...

That is such a great story! What an awesome kid for making the right choice!

JaMie HeApS said...

max happy birthday!!! we cant belive your really 8 we so excited for the big day!!! jace loves you so much and talks about you everyday all day long.

Palinista! said...

Max is a sweetheart. I miss having him around lately, I was hoping some of his peacemaker-ness would rub off on Zane - maybe someday :).

Kelly said...

Max.. Happy Birthday! 8... how is that possible? Stop growning up so fast! Kade can't get to Utah fast enough to Jump on the tramp with you... wrestle you and just plain have some good old boy time with Max!

Heather said...

He was so excited to tell my boys what he got for his birthday, I loved the look on his face while he was describing it to them. What a good kid!

Hills said...

Oh my gosh that is such a sweet story! Max is a sweetheart, next time I see you I will have to share with you a story I have about Max. It's nothing big, but I could just sense the tenderness in that sweet spirit he has!