Thursday, January 24, 2008

Our Basement is finished!

I have always loved my boy in a tool belt!

This is what Jason has been busy doing the past few months. He has has worked a billion hours and had many LATE nights as he has been finishing our basement. And when Jason has a late night that means that I do too. Even though I don't do much to help he makes me stay down by him to keep him company. Every night after he is finished with everything else.. (work, church, basketball, etc) he heads down for a few more hours of work. Ever since I met Jason I've known what an awesome craftsman and worker he was. In High School he built me a cedar chest & his Mom their kitchen cabinets in their house. He has always loved to work with his hands but I was actually amazed every night as I watched him work down stairs. There is nothing he can't do. Thank you Jason for all of your hard work. We love having the extra space!!!

This handrail on the stairs will always be looked at with appreciation. I think it took him 300 hours to get just perfect.

Max & Em love their new bedrooms! We miss them up stairs by us.

Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kris and BJ said...

Jason,
Hold Up - Just becaue you are a "Contractor" by title does not make you a real contractor by trade. I hope you have good homeowners insurance. You building and fixing....wow!
Hey we did have a good time the other night, we need to have Dan set up the PHS Class date more often. Oh, and how was it, you know the first time ever using a tool belt???
BJ

JaMie HeApS said...

JAY YOU TRUELY ARE SUPPERMAN THE THING LOOKS AWSOME THAT HAND RAIL IS TOP NOTCH. I MJUST EXCITED FOR ALL THE BANGIN PARTYS TO COME DOWN THERE!!!

jeannie said...

You're house is beautiful and I love your mama's painting skills. She is amazing!

Melisa said...

That is so fun to have the basement done. it looks so dang good you guys did a great job.

Palinista! said...

wowee it looks fab! Could you guys be any more perfect? We have Jason that can build and do anything and "Mother Kim". Seriously, it looks good and I can't believe I haven't seen it in person yet, maybe waiting for an invite?

Tanya said...

Wow! Lucky you guys. I'll have to come and see it. That playhouse looks so fun. I bet you love having the extra room now.

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

How exciting!!! We'll have to come see it! Love the picture of the tree house! I wish i had a tree house in my basement!!!

Lisa said...

You guys win for the cutest family award!