Thursday, January 17, 2008

Look who is potty trained!

Atleast one of my new year's resolutions will get accomplished this year.
Lucy is offically a "big girl!"
Sometimes the things we are dreading the most don't turn out to be so hard after all.
It took Lucy about two days to master the potty. She hasn't had an accident since.
As you can see she changes her panties several times a day just for the fun of a new pair and she has to put them on all by herself. She usually likes to wear her big sister's best.
Tonight she came down the stairs 3 times after I tucked her into bed to tell me that she had to go potty. She knows that, that excuse works every time. After I told her that she couldn't go to the bathroom one more time tonight, she came down again and told me that she needed to do her homework. I wanted to get so mad at her, but decided to take a deep breath and help her with her important homework. (We read a book together) She is finally back in bed and I have my fingers crossed that I don't hear her little footprints again until morning. But I know better, she usually wakes up 3-4 times a night and comes and climbs in next to me. Once she is back to sleep I carry her back to her bed. Lucy is now sleeping with Abbie since we moved Emilee and Max down in the basement. Twice last night Lucy found her way down both flights of stairs to the basesment in the dark to get in bed with Emilee. They have been bed partners for so long that she misses her big sister. Em only has a single bed now and there isn't room for them both. So Emilee walked Lucy back up the stairs both times half a sleep and told her to stay in her bed.! Atleast she wasn't waking me up for a change.

10 comments:

Palinista! said...

Kim thanks for all of your nice comments on my blog of course you are always too nice. This story is so cute, I didn't know your basement was finished! That is so nice and everything Lucy does always cracks me up, I can't wait to see what she becomes in life.

Mindy said...

I love that story about Lucy missing Emilee, it gives me hope that one day Ari and Ava will like eachother and Ava won't seem like such a annoyance to Ari.

Melisa said...

Lucy you are so big! having them potty trained is great until they have to go at every store and restaurant you go to and sophie even trys to get me to go to every gas station just so she can go in and get a treat! Will at least you got to sleep while em was so nice to put her back in her bed.

Tanya said...

Love that outfit! Yeah for Lucy. I'll be calling you in a year or so for some 2-day potty training help.

Kelly said...

HIP HIP HOORAY! What a HUGE task to chalk down as DONE! Love the cute little bootie and the piggy-buns! Lucy you are simple adorable!
It kills me your kids are SOO brave. I can't get my kids to go upstairs alone little lone sleep in the basement! And to think Lucy heads down alone in the middle of the night. I'm afraid I wouldn't dare do that! My kids are such wild sleepers they wouldn't wake up if all 5 of them were on one bed. A foot in the face, they sleep right on through the night! I miss you all. Happy to hear your basement is finished. So nice! I can't wait to see it. I hope the answers I gave were AOK.. You'll have to call me Monday when you are alone and have time to talk. Good luck at church with all the excitement it brings. Super Proud of you Lucy!

Kelly said...

Kim... Love the photos on Andrea's Blog. What Memories! You and Andrea Chanting Singing and Dancing ALWAYS! How fun to have such good friends. The Russia photos and memories were great too. Except I remember writting you letters making you tapes.
But the BEST of all is the date dance photo. You and Andrea's Bangs are GREAT! I mean I don't have much room to talk I had a afro that I man made myself. Love the outfit! You were sporting My Verdean Shirt the one I wore in the photo Mom took of just me and Verdean Professionaly? Why did I go for that? Love The silver button cover, They are so Classy!! We thought those were so Cool! We wore them for reals! The boots you must have Scrunched your toes and walked pigeon toed ALL night long in my 2 sizes to small boots!! Haa Haa! What fun times! I LOVE YOU! I LOVE Jay! I'm so glad you two ended up together. Your both so LUCKY to have each other! I hope Jay has been able to recover from the Tramatic night. I have thought of him 100 times since the phone call. Poor guy we both have Very Sensitive feelings and its not easy to get past some of the past information! Well I love you!

JaMie HeApS said...

LUCY WAY TO GO YOU ARE SUCH A BIG GIRL!!! I BET YOUR MOM AND DAD ARE SO EXCITED EXPECIALLY WITH THE NEW CARPET!!! THE DOWN STAIRS LOOKS AWSOME WHAT FUN THOSE KIDS WILL HAVE DOWN IN THE NEW BEDROOMS.

jeannie said...

OH MY that is a cute picture!! Frame it in black and white and it's a masterpiece!!

oodlesofoversons said...

I want to squeeze that cute little bum! Thanks for the messages on my blog...Kelly even came by for a visit. We need to get togeter again soon! Congrats on the potty training!

oodlesofoversons said...

By hte way, I meant together, not togeter, since that ain't even a word!