Monday, August 6, 2007

Flaming Gorge

One of the best parts of Jason's summer is a week at Flaming Gorge. He loves being on his boat with his kids and playing in the water!!!

Grandpa Miller relaxing in the trailor.

Thank you Sophie for making my mom give me a binki for a whole week!

Posted by PicasaThis was camp. I have learned over the years as a mom that a vacation shouldn't be called a vacation. It's more of a trip. We had a great time and made some great memories. The kids love every second of it and play from sun up to sun down. But camping for 8 days is a lot of work!! Flaming Gorge is so beautiful and it is a fun tradition we look forward to every year.
The highlights included:
Playing cards with the kids late at night in the trailer.
Laying in bed and watching a huge thunder and lightening storm.
The yummy food we had each day
Hot showers
The ride to lucern for an ice cream
Watching Taylor change a diaper on the boat
Riding the tube!
Having a bathroom while I had the flu, even if I had to drive to it 100 times.
Our big birthday party with everyone. Thanks Claire!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Kim.. I'm soooo sorry we passed the RHEA your way while you were up camping! Jay just keeps getting cuter with each blog! And Kim you look like a Pro in that Camp Kitchen. Good Times!

Catherine said...

Kim...So fun to hear from you! I've been catching up on your blog for quite some time now. I don't know if you got my message a few weeks (?) months (?) ago, but I LOVE your blog. Your family is adorable and you look SO skinny!!! What a fun trip. You are a champ to endure the camping for 8 days! How fun. Yes, we are moving to UT. It's crazy. We will be there around August 20th. I can't believe that we are heading back. Can't wait to get together sometime soon.

Catherine Horsley

JaMie HeApS said...

what a fun trip the up close and personal pic of j was fantastic. and your camping food i know was delightful