Saturday, December 25, 2010

The Night before Christmas....

We had a Super Duper Christmas Eve!
*
We started off the day having a yummy breakfast at my Grandma Bowden's. It was fun to see her so happy with all of her family around.
*
Then Jason and I did our last minute scrambling. Jason loves to leave a little shopping until the last day.
*
Then we went Ice Skating with the Clark's.
We pretty much had the whole rink to ourselves and we loved it.


This little girl sat on the sidelines with me and her Grandpa and ate suckers.
*
She screamed every time I stepped on to the ice to skate.
Eventually we just took her out in her shoes and let her run around.




Grandma Clark was a trooper and skated with all the kids.


These two were skating partners. Lucy was amazing for her first time.
*
She didn't even complain about the huge blisters she had on her feet until the very end.

Once she got a walker she could cruise all by herself.

Then we headed over to Bret and Nicole's for the yummiest dinner.


Jenny, is your tooth okay after your braces were stuck in Max's head?
Emilee, Christmas Eve is not a good night to try WWF.


Sporting their cute hats from Grandma.


Thank You Clarks! We love spending the Holidays with you!!!!

Then we opened our Christmas pj's from our Grandma and Grandpa Miller.
The kids LOVE this tradition!
*
Then we headed for home and had our own little Christmas story around the tree with the kids.
*
Each kid got to open up one present. (All except for Max, he opted to wait until the morning.)
And then we hurried to bed and tried the best we could to sleep.

3 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

ohh looks like the perfect way to spend xmas eve together. and im thinkin jayne scored being snuggeled up with you eating suckers. the hats are darling and em wwf is good at anytime:)
missed you all. we love you millers!

Gwen said...

Kim I loved that night, in fact I think it was probably my very favorite! Everything felt good. I love your family!! I appreciate your kind words about
Christmas. Dad and I loved being in your house Christmas night. I still can't get over my great big wonderful journal. That was an huge sacrifice for you the month of December. Thank you so much! I will always think of you when I look at it. Dad will love his coat. It is nice and rugged and manly. Your house is decorated so amazing for Christmas, love your tree and mantle. Martha would eat her heart out. I hope this next week will be a good one for all of you. Call us if you do something we can join. Grandpa says to come tubbing behind the 4 wheeler. Only 364 more shopping days.

atkinson family said...

I am so impressed with the ice skating! There is not enough padding in the world to keep my kids from crying the entire time! That Jayne, ohh she is so stinking cute! Looks like a great christmas. Hope your winter break is not too crazy!