Thursday, August 20, 2009

Back at It!

I can't remember a summer ever going so fast. I was just posting about the last day of school. This morning I could feel the excitement of a new year in the air and now the neighborhood feels so quiet.
Yesterday we tried to savor every last second we could of freedom. We started off our morning at Daylight Donuts for breakfast, got all of the kids school supplies and back packs all packed and ready to go, spent the afternoon soaking in the sun at the pool, had a fun night watching Max's football scrimmage, ate waffles with peaches and cream for dinner, had our back to school family night with fathers blessings to help us all start out the year right, and then we finished off the night with yummy homemade carmel apples.
To Another Happy Year!!
I'm so glad they have each other. This is Emilee's last year to go to school with her brother and sister.
Emilee is in Mr. Walkers 6th grade class and she thinks she is ready to Rule the School.


Max is a big 3rd Grader in Miss Mather's class.

And my sweet Abbie is headed off to Mrs. Bohrers 2nd grade class already.




My kids hate the fact that I bring my camera to school. Em and Max got out of the car and were off. They were ready to find all of their buddies. Abbie is the only one who let me walk her to class today and was still telling me not to take any pictures. Too bad!





I can't wait to hear how everything went. I love you three!!!

6 comments:

JaMie HeApS said...

i love you three too. you all look so stinkin cute and big.. i cant belive it. sounds like your last day was heaven any night having waffels and peaches and cream is a GOOD NIGHT. hope the big day was an awsome one.

Ali said...

Cute Blog, Kim. I saw it on another blog and thought I'd see what yours is like. Super cute...I can't believe how much your kids have grown since having them in my Primary class four years ago...Wow. Time flies. :) Your a good Mom. The last picture made me laugh...Have her turn her fingers around ..."peace"! Two totally different things in the UK. I know, I know...we are not in the UK...but still...Does Em know what that means? lol...

My dad gave us blessings as kids too...I still miss my "Father's Blessings".

I have been meaning to call you to get together. I leave for Cali soon. Hope things are good. Talk to you soon.

Kool Kade said...

I Like your "face" Max!!!

Kelly said...

Oh I want all the good... was your teacher nice? How was Lunch... what ya eat? How were the Girls Max? Abby did you stand up and dance for your class when your teacher called your name? Show them one of your famous moves... Em was it fun being back or do yo wish you were still home?
What a fun night... the dinner sounds delish!
The back packs were a smash Im sure! You Lucky Miller Kids! We LOVE YOU! Call us and tell us how it went down!
We Miss you!

Kelly said...

Max you made Kade's whole night to see you pulling his Favorite face with the hand... Awesome!

Emily S. said...

Hey Kim! I found your blog through Andrea's blog. You have a beautiful family! Your kids are gorgeous :-) Just wanted to say hello-
Emily (from PHS)