Sunday, August 16, 2009

Birthday Shout Out

Happy Birthday Bret!!!!
Since you always reminded me often while we were growing up that you were OLDER than me..... a year a month, and 14 days older.
Today I wanted to remind you that I am YOUNGER than you... a year a month and 14 days YOUNGER and always will be!
A few of the many things we love:
I love about Bret when he do's funny Jokes - Lucy
I love about Bret when he says "No, this is not your house." -Lucy
I love having party's at his house - Lucy
I loved it when he took me Ice Blocking on the "cube"- Max
He is a great Chef!!! I love his Veggie Kabobs and his smoking skills!!!
He's Funny!!!!!! - Max and Abbie
I love the poses he can strike!
He bought us pizza at his house and took us to the park - Abbie
He buys Tyler lots of Cheese for his birthday- Max
He always takes us to do fun stuff and always says yes to us having sleep overs. - Em
Some Favorite Memories:
*The haunted houses he'd build just to get me on the scale to see how much I weighed.
*Our car rides to school... the smell of Cologne, going 150 mph, the early morning stop off's at the Seve to buy a pack of gum each morning while I am in a pure panic about being tardy,and then our daily drive up to Oak Hills after school for a "special" drop off. And it may of taken an hour or two but we couldn't comment or complain because we valued our lives.
*Our Math class together and our private tutoring sessions with the famous Katy B.
*Our road trip to Laguna in the Jeep & listening to the Black Crows, Guns and Roses and Billy Joel.
*The hours I spent in the bathroom with the drawers pulled out waiting for mom and dad to get home and rescue me & planning to eat the toothpaste if I got to hungry.
*Watching him tie Kelly and Perk up to the mail box and hose them down.
*Knowing that I had a big brother at school with me in case I needed something. And you knowing that I could sign Mom's name pretty darn close in case you needed something.
Happy Birthday Bret! I have always felt lucky to have you for a big brother. I love you!

7 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks Sissy. I had a great B-day. Your blog was top notch.

We need to plan one more sleep over before school starts. I will set up a haunted house.... I wonder how much lucky weighs?

We could also do a trust walk. I want Emilee to be my partner. I am going to introduce her to Bro. Vanleuven. - Bret

Kelly said...

Happy Birthday Bert!
I have to agree with all of Kim's fond memeories of you. You are one in a Million! I have forgiven and tryed to forget all the torure treatment Me and Perk got from you! It has been rough but I think I have recoverved!
I Love you! I Love what a Cute Husband you are. Nick is Lucky! I Love what a Good Dad you are... What a Happy person you are... you always have a good joke or know how to make everyone around you Smile!
May this year bring you much Love, Happiness, Money, Good food, a trip our to Chicago, and Much More!

jamie heaps said...

burrito you deffenalty are one in a million. my daxy loves you and nocho oh so much. dito dito to kim and kelly and a few to add
can give a wedge like no one else, can punch your boobs just right so there numb for hours, can sell houses with ease, inveted some mean looms and knows how to work over carney folk in a only bret can, is so generose would do anything for anyone, ( bro. layton) is the best walsberg elf i ever seen, and im so glad your my older bro. love you bert.

oodlesofoversons said...

How cute are you? What a nice tribute to your bro!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

His eyes look like your's

Gwen said...

Kim thank you for the mighty BRET Tribute!!!! Bret it was so good to have you come up last night to take Tyler on a mountain ride instead of boring Back to School Night. I couldn't figure out why Tyler turned down a cheese sandwich after the ride, but he was counting on a burger with his Dad. Your kids are blessed to have you a million times over. I love the blue jay trick with the peanuts on the tramp. I love that you call me Margie. I love that you care about Margie and you call me to check on her. I love that you love to barbecue for those you love. I love that you try to be positive even when it isn't easy. I love that you wear handsome starched shirts. I love that you cared about Brother Layton's balls. Boy that was stretching it! I love that the ward member all tell me that they love you and your family. I guess I just love you. Let's stay mother and son forever! me

B said...

This is hysterical! Brings it all back...