Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Back to School!

After a summer of fun it is already time to head back to school.
Now I've got 3 kids going to school together all day long.
Em, Max, & Abbie were all excited to be heading back to all the excitement that school brings.
And of course I had to have some quick pictures before they were off.
Lucy had her back pack on too as we dropped them off.


Is it possible that she could already be in 5th grade?


Em's fabulous friends all lined up just before school starts.
This is the real reason she likes school.



I lost Max as we entered the school doors before school started. Later I found him sitting in his desk ready for his big day. He went and lined up all by himself outside because he knew that was the rule.



Abbie was soo excited to get to eat lunch in the lunch room this year and be a big 1st grader. What will I do at lunch time without my little lunch buddy? And Lucy won't know what to do without her big sister.


Even my little Lucy started school today.
Her first day of preschool and she might have been more excited than all of them combined!
I thought that preschoolers were usually a little hesitant about starting school on the first day. Not this girl, she didn't even care to say goodbye. She was off and ready to finally be going to school.
Heaven help her teacher! I don't think she has it in her to hold still for 1 minute. Good Luck Miss Misti!

Lucy and Millie just before leaving.

How lucky is she to be going to school with her 4 cute little neighbor friends?
Millie, Meagan, Brooklyn, Sophie, & Lucy Lou
I can just imagine the drama these girls will be causing.

All in all the first day was a success for the most part.
Emilee said that 5th grade will be a lot harder than 4th and that she will have a lot of homework.
Max said that he had the nicest teacher in the whole school but he missed having his friends in his class.
Abbie said that lunch was gross and that she wants me to pack her a lunch from now on. And that she didn't get in trouble one time on the first day.
Lucy said she liked playing outside and eating a Popsicle. And that if I kiss her hand it will go all the way to her heart. This is the crown she made, and on it, it tells her favorite food. When I asked her what her favorite food was she told me a bottle. (And she is dead serious.)

16 comments:

Mindy said...

They all look so cute! I can't believe you have all of them in school now, how nice.
Lucy was over here today, and she is so funny, I get the biggest kick out of some of the things she says!!

STEPHANIE said...

I can't believe they are all in school. Also that all those neighborhood girls are in preschool. Crazy!

oodlesofoversons said...

They are such cute kiddos! Maybe you should call me one of these days and we could go to lunch since I just have Ethan at lunch time now!

Palinista! said...

It's cute to hear what they all said about their first day. Abbie and Elle were telling Zoey how great school lunch is and here's the conversation:

Elle: "yeah Zoey and there's cookies everyday but I don't eat them cuz I'm on a diet."

Abbie: "I ate the cookie and went back to get another one cuz they're so good."

Zoey: "Elle you CAN eat cookies if your on a diet cuz my Mom's on a diet and she eats lots of cookies!"

I just thought it was the funniest conversation I've heard with the girls. I was cracking up and high fiving Abbie over the cookies, guess I'd better be a better example :).

Lisa said...

We should all definately go to lunch now that all of our kids are in school. Your kids looked dashing and definately looked ready for school. What are we going to do with all of this free time?!

Great conversation with the 3 girls, I was LOL!

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

Wow I can't believe they are in school already!!! They all look so darn cute! And I really can't even believe that Lucy is in preschool. Kim I feel horrible that I am not home in Utah so that i could take your kids for a day or somethin! Erin was tellin me that you are feeling so so sick! I am so sorry to hear that! As soon as we get home we'll take all of them for a night or two and let you get some rest! We love you guys!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh you all look so foxy , your mom really know her goods when it comes to back to school duds. im glad school was good for all of you, and abbie your not a kiddin school lunch most the time reeks

Kelly said...

WOW what darling Kiddos! I wish summer was just starting rather than the school year. It is breaking my heart to send the kids back to school. I hate it! Kim I can't believe you will be empty handed...for a few hours. That is Crazy! I have never had that... make sure you sleep and go out for a early lunch. I LOVE You guys! Happy your day went good.
My Kids Love school lunch... they count themselfs "Lucky" and consider them eating out for lunch everyday. But here as I type I guess that might have alot to say for my cooking. HMMMM?

Colett (*.*) said...

I am saying my prayers for Misty, and to thank the Lord for carpools! Count me in on those girly lunch outings!

Heather said...

I love how excited kids are about starting school I just wish the excitement would stay year round. Love your kids they look so cute in their new clothes even if mom was rushing to shop! :) I'm with you on wishing Misti luck this year and Lisa'a idea of lunch sounds awesome. Well I guess as soon as you feel like eating again or I know you are always up for Kneaders! :)

jeannie said...

i love the cute tidbits about their day!

jeannie said...

i love the cute tidbits about their day!

Melisa said...

You all look so very cute! That is crazy that they are all in school! I hope you start feeling better soon!

geralyn said...

You guys have the cutest kids ever!! I'm glad Tyson and Max are in the same class, should be a fun year. Feels weird to go to RS!!!

Whitney Bonnett Taylor said...

Your kids are so cute. I can believe Emilee is in 5th grade...only because she's so mature! and Lucy's smile is so big and beautiful!

geralyn said...

Wow your kids are getting so big, and really they are all so cute! Glad to hear they are enjoying school.