Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Girls Camp

Sisters....Strong In Spirit, Tied in Righteousness!!I was lucky enough to spend a fun filled week with these cute girls up at Girls Camp last week. I forgot how much energy young women have from early morning until LATE at night. They were singing camp songs at 6:00 a.m. as we were just waiting to load the cars to leave Tuesday Morning. But what a darling bunch of girls we have in our ward!! It was such a great week! Besides all of the dirt, ticks, heat, cold nights, and little sleep we had, it was a blast all being together!
Not only do we have AWESOME young women in our ward but I serve with the BEST Leaders in the world! I truly feel lucky to call them all my friends!


Debbie, Our Awesome YW President had her hip come out while crossing a rope on an obstacle Course. She used this stick to help her get around the best she could.



One of my favorite parts of camp is just hanging out, relaxing and TALKING!!!








Cute Jean was one of my favorites at Camp. President Doman asked her to swing across the rope swing over this water with her eyes closed. As you can tell she didn't quite make it and ripped the skin right off her hands. It was so sore!!! She was a great sport. I called her Sister Google because she knows everything about anything!!! When I was suppose to be certifying my girls I would have no idea what I was teaching them. I can't remember how to use a compass, tie those fancy knots, or start a fire without matches. I would have to ask Jean something every 5 seconds and of course she knew! She built the best fires everynight and had the funniest stories I have ever heard!





We made these cute little dolls to send over to the children in Africa.

We had to tie our legs together in threes for our hike. I'd have to say that our threesome was pretty fast!!





We did obstacle courses, climbed the rock wall, rode horses, learned how to drive a backhoe, went down the zip line, swam in the lake and canoed.


Cathy taught us all how to give a manicure.


We played cards.

We made some cute crafts. And had fabulous food! Wendy Bentley was the perfect camp cook!!


Check out their cute shades they did for a craft. Thanks for the fun week girls!
I love you all!!

11 comments:

STEPHANIE said...

What a fun post and great pictures to recap everything. It brought back lots of my girls camp memories!

Mindy said...

It looks like so much fun, I used to love girls camp! Good Times!

JaMie HeApS said...

glad you suvived. looks like your fit right in as one of the girls, there lucky to have such a fun adviser

Gwen said...

Kim, I just got back from camp and I feel like I can't move. What energy it takes. . . I would have loved to be a young women in your ward. You are such a fun leader and friend to everyone.

Nicole said...

What fun times at camp! Our YW went the same week as you did, so I've been thinking about how much fun I had when I was in YW. Jenny is so excited to go in a few years after seeing all the things you did last week. I'm excited for her to go. Thank you for letting me help with your kids. I absolutely loved having them with us. I'm ready to have them again next year . . . only longer!
Love you, Nic

Palinista! said...

It looks like fun, for people who like camping :). The girls are so lucky to have you as their leader, I know they totally love and appreciate you.

Colett (*.*) said...

That's a huge calling, looks like fun but I am sure that you are glad it's over.

Kelly said...

Looks like a PARTY! What LUCKY girls to have you for a whole week! You look like one MIGHTY Leader! and your looking Awfully Thin! Jason looks great too! Glad he made it home safe! LOVe you... Miss you see you in AUG!YEA HA!

Heather said...

I love good camp stories!! The ticks would have freaked me out a little, but it sounds like Sandy saved the day with a little lesson on faith. I'm positive you guys ate better than I did that week, with the famous camp cook Wendy. Loved all the pics and you're the perfect leader for the girls you can tell how much they adore you. Way to survive on no sleep and lots of fun.

jeanette said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun. For a few minutes it made me wish I was back in young women's. Girls camp is definitely one of the highlights. I know that the girls love you. Who wouldn't love sister Miller?

Lewis.Muriel.Lily said...

What lucky girls to have such a fun leader like you! I can just remember the good ole days of girls camp! :) Man, those priests sure are lucky though! I would have loved to go camping in havasupia! Looks like you both had so much fun!