Monday, October 18, 2010

Life Changing

Jason and I were lucky enough to be called as Ma & Pa's on Trek this past summer. We had an experience of a lifetime! I never knew that something could impact my life like those 4 days on the Wyoming plains! I will be forever grateful for the experience and the unforgettable things I learned and felt.








The Women's Pull





Rocky Ridge

Hurrah for Israel!


I don't remember ever seeing more beautiful sunrises and sunsets than we did everyday.
*
The last night it rained all night long and we were soaked! Jason and I tried to shove in one sleeping bag because the other one was so wet but after about 45 minutes of laughing we realized that it just wasn't going to work. So Jason got out and stood around the campfire all night and I stayed there and froze. I have never been so happy to see morning come!


Jason cooking dinner for our family the first night.


Our Ward




















This is as close to an anniversary getaway we can ever get, and this year we were lucky enough to share it with these 9 amazing kids in our family.
*
I love anytime I get to be with Jason and as you can tell we had the best time ever!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow, you guys! That LOOKS life changing and tremendous! What incredible pictures you guys got!! Your ward is very lucky to have you two.

atkinson family said...

I loved trek! So amazing. You and Jason would be hilarious to go with your "kids" were so lucky! love the pics, brings back lots of memories! hope your doing great and staying busy! Ha ha, lets do dinner- you in?

Melisa said...

The best is Jayne never wanting you to go again! Love her!!!

Looks amazing and so hard! Diffenately life changing!!!

JaMie HeApS said...

i couldnt help but laugh the whole time i looked at these pics, i just kept thinking about jason telling us about how he starved teh whole time.. while you sat there whispering all the food he got to eat. looks like it was amazing, and i have to say you make one foxy pioneer lady. gld you got to do it.

Kelly said...

Oh my gosh... I got so tender looking at all these pic. of your journey. It made me want my family to go on this. We could all use a lesson on being grateful for the amazing lifes we have been given. I so LOVED the pic of you and jay holding hands. I was in tears when I saw it! I love the one of you crossing the water and you holding up your skirt. You looks so Beautiful! You had a glow about you! And I think I saw one of Jay dancing? You two would be so fun to be with on this. Those lucky kids to have you two. I can not imagine a night of cold and rain and from Jamies comment finding out you were starving... Rough!
I love you... I have missed your posts. I tried calling you back today but missed you. I'll try again tomorrow. I MISS YOU!

Gwen said...

What a surprise, trek. My favorite family night we ever had was on the afternoon of the 24th. I can still remember the feeling when you told about the girl in your ward who walked with her Mom. Jason's story about the man that sold everything and helped to buy handcarts and supplies for others, and in the end he died with his son trying to keep him warm. I love those stories. Maybe we will meet them some day. You make a good looking pioneer lady with a handsome hunk-in pioneer man. Those kids were lucky to get in your family! You weren't kidding when you said mud. . . and water!! Pictures are amazing to take us back in time. I remember how hot it was that week. Try not to mention Trek to Jayne she won't sleep tonight. Maybe someday we could all go on a trek,I know Dad would be all over it. . . but I would. I love Ma and Pa Miller!