Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Girls Trip 2010

This year we headed down to Jamie's in Phoenix where we found the sun.
But as you can tell in this picture something was missing..... my little sisters Kelly. She hurt her back and couldn't get on a plane from Chicago. We missed her so much and it definitely wasn't the same without her!

My favorite part of the weekend was seeing these 3 little monkeys. Because they used to live so close to me I feel like they are part mine. It made me sad to see how much they have grown up. I hate having them so far away!
My favorites:
Dax's guessing games.

Watching Grady swim.
Jace in his bumblebee mask.
Dax wanting to sit by me and grandma at the dinner table.
Jace wanting to go with us.
Going to the park and watching Matt make sure the kids were safe.
Dax all ready for school.
Running down the grass hill with Grady.


Jamie was the best hostess!! She took us everywhere, got us the funnest resort to stay at, and was (like always) the life of the party! It was so fun to see their cute house and see their life in Arizona. Matt was a trooper about keeping the kids which needs to rub off at my house a little.

My neighbors are still trying to recover from all the moaning groaning from Jason and having to step in to help. Thank you to all my great friends and mother in law who helped out!!!

And the biggest thank you of all to my Emilee for stepping in and being Mom while I was gone!

We did some shopping. Jamie has the gift to sniff out the deals.


We had some good laughs!
"I was just going to wave."
The lady pulling out her rubber gloves and special sauce for Jamie's pedicure.
Junior High texts.
The mall cop wanting to join in the conversation and massages.



Got a lot of R & R!
One of my main goals of the trip was to get some sun. Jamie completely sabotaged me with the sunscreen. She kept telling me that I was burning and to put more and more on. While she sat there without a drop on turning into a bronzed beauty.


We of course ate very GOOD!



And best of all had so much fun just being together!


Thank you Jamie for:
Doing my hair!
For all the much needed beauty tips...(Another layer of mascara!, Stripes are in, Bangs!!!, Round brush to the opposite side, a full glass of water before a meal, platees moves, no pokadots on toenails.)
For your magic hands!
For making sure we had plenty of sleep- even if you had a nap 3 times a day.
The yummy shrimp burritos and cinnamon rolls.
For being the incredible sister you are and making our weekend such a party!
It is so nice to not worry about laundry, homework, and the hustle and bustle for a few days.
But when I got back I couldn't get off the plane fast enough, not only because I threw up in one of those little airplane bags, but I couldn't wait to get back to my baby and to be back with my favorite people in the world!

8 comments:

Kelly said...

Looks like a WINNER! I sat here looking at it grinning from ear to ear! You all look super Young Hot and Hip! Thank Heavens for Jamie to tell us what is in.. I Must head to the store as soon as I can pick me up some Stipped shirts. Didn't know that secret!
The pool and Cheeseburgers look delish! Happy you were a red Lobster like you were last year in Florida! I know you and your Brown skin... You got Brown! You look super cute kim with the new hair! Love you all! Im gunna be ready for a girls trip in a few weeks do you think you could talk Jay into another weekend? Ha! I love you

Kelly said...

Happy you WERENT a lobster! opps me and my typing!

I sure Missed out on some Good Old Clark Girl Fun!

Gwen said...

Sweet Kim, how I loved the plane ride over and the tender sharing of my soul. I always feel so close to you. On the way home I wanted to hold your forehead while you threw up, but I resisted. You are a mighty quiet thrower-uper. Jayne's big eyes, great big grin, and her whole body shaking, as we rounded the corner to the front yard, will always be my favorite part of the trip. What a gift from heaven to be with you. I love you!

Michelle said...

LOVED. THIS. POST!

Nothin' like sisters and Mom to hang out with!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh what a trip we had. its just too damn bad kellys back had to pull one on us last minuet, never again. i so loved playing with you there is nothing like my kimmy. i dont think my back has ever enjoyed so much tickeling im wondering if you fingers are a little raw? i hope your sporting your new fancy shirts and that jason was so excited about them and those fancy toes of yours. my boys keep asking about there aunt kim... matt had jerky breath last night, and im just waiting to sport my new fancy ring this date night, im sure it will get many ohhhs and awhhhs. thank you so much. i love you.

next year lets for sure go for the BIG desert.

oodlesofoversons said...

Looks like such a fun time! Good for you guys. And seriously, could Jamie be a little skinnier, please?? Darrin ran into Jason when you had just left...
can we please go on a double love date soon?

grandma-on-the-go.blogspot.com said...

Traveling is so eye opening, especially when you see the world through the eyes of kids.
check out my blog, Traveling with kids, love 'em or leave 'em!

atkinson family said...

What a fun trip. You are looking super good! I love that you guys do a girls trip every year. I could totally go for one now. Sisters are the best. I hope Kelly is feeling better and Jamie, you crack me up.