Thursday, December 10, 2009

5 Things

That I love about this child today....
Italic
1. She asked me if her lunch was ready at 9:26 this morning. She wakes up asking for me to make pancakes the minute her eyes open and then is ready for lunch before I can even get the breakfast dishes cleaned up.
2. She has become our little phone operator. She learned how to dial 911 at school and kept wanting to call them and tell them when she got hurt or even better to tell them that Don, (My Grandma's husband) had died...which he really did. But she wanted to call 911 and report it to them.
She has called Jason 3 times already this morning until I had to take the phone away from her. I taught her his number trying to distract her from 911 and now she calls him everyday in the middle of work meetings & tithing settlement. I will hear his voice in the middle of the day and wonder why he is home. Then I realize it is just Lucy talking to him on the speaker phone. Now she is learning to call her Grandparents to pester them.
3. She is learning to read and spell and follows me around telling me that she can spell a certain word with her eyes closed. (Like that makes it harder.)
4. She insists on wearing her pj's all day because "not the next day but the next day it is Polar Express day at pre-school" and she gets to wear pajamas to school so she is just getting ready right now.
5. She came in my room crying in the middle of the night last night because "she don't have none dolly's."When I asked her what she meant she said she wanted to sleep with a doll or a teddy bear, (which she never has before.) So I got up and searched the house for a doll and a teddy bear so she could go back to sleep.

9 comments:

Shauna said...

I have to agree that I love this little girl too! She is always making the Carters laugh! Meagan is glad to have her as a friend. I know I already told you but I am telling you again, your pictures are so dang cute!!!

Jess and Joe said...

She is too cute and growing up way too fast! I love the spelling with her eyes closed!!! How sweet is that?!

Jess and Joe said...

PS - Love the new photos! Your kids are angels! =]

STEPHANIE said...

She is ADORABLE!

jamie heaps said...

what a mom i think my boys would have gotten a spankin for wakeing me up adn sent right back to bed.
i love you too lucy i think you get the early lunch thing from your aunt jamie and uncle matt. and i would want to wear pjs all day long to who needs real clothes?

Gwen said...

Kim that photographer is the best!The single shots of the kids, shows off their personality so great. I want to come to your house and see more. You looks beautiful!

Heath Thompson said...

Oh I love those 5 reasons.. I Love her too! I love that lil smile of hers! She is such a cutie pie! I like early lunch and then a another a few hours later... and polish it off with a good treat!
I can't believe she can spell with her eyes closed! Amazing!
love, Kelly

oodlesofoversons said...

Cute new family pics. She is adorab;e. Give her my number, I'd lov to have a conversation with someone during the day besides Ethan!

Samantha Warner said...

Oh my I cannot belive how big lucy is!! She is adorable. I was watching some of my old videos the other day and there was this one of me and your girls dancing around to the cheetah girls in your kitchen and lucy was just boppin up and down with a binky in her mouth and now she is so big! I must be getting old. Because last I remember I was still 10 and babysitting just emilee, max and abbie! And now there is two more cute kids! Tell abbie that I miss her too and that I would more than love to come and visit.I miss you guys! High school is going great. I am sure me and Kinsey wil be over soon to catch up on things! I sure do miss babysitting! Tell everyone I said hello!