Monday, April 20, 2009

Girls Getaway

This year for our girls trip we ventured off to Sunny Florida to visit my sister Kelly. We drove to the airport in a complete blizzard and 2 feet of snow and landed in paradise. The best part of the trip was getting to spend time with Kelly and her cute family who we never get to see. As you can see I had great help with Jayne.
Some of my other highlights include:


Plenty of talking and laughing with my best friends!



Getting to hold Jayne 24-7.
No dishes to do, laundry to fold, and homework to be done.
Feeling Lucky with our Lotto tickets Jamie purchased.
Yes, and we did win 4 dollars!

Eating the yummiest food!
Jamie knows how to pick the fine restaurants. And of course brought some of her homemade chocolate turtles to share. Kelly made us the yummiest orange rolls one morning and there was plenty of muddy buddy's and symphony bars to eat in between.






Heath got us the funnest hotel room right on the beach in Daytona.



There was a kazillion cheerleaders there for a competition and of course
we had to show them how it was done!



We walked down the beach and joined in on some "Spring Break Fun" Daytona Beach Style.




Having Jayne and Grady there with us made the weekend even better. They were both such good babies and never made a peep!






We spent a day relaxing, talking, devouring fries and onion rings and soaking up the sun on the beach.


After some fun shopping, Heath surprised us all with pedicure appointments with the VIP treatment. Which just put an exclamation point on our fun weekend!!


Then we ended the night off with some yummy sushi at a rockin' restaurant and then back to Kelly's for some yummy hot cookies made by Heath and Kade.
Thanks SOOO Much Thompsons for the fun stay and royal treatment!!
This will be a trip to remember always!!!

10 comments:

Melisa said...

Looks like you had a way fun time and were able to get some sun!!! I have never seen you burnt before! must be the florida sun!

jen jen said...

how fun!

Kelly said...

I hope your legs are recovering!!!!
I am still smiling after all the fun we had. I loved every moment! To be truthful holding little Janye was right up at the Top! She is sooo adorable! I love the photo of her with the flowers around her... her little tounge sticking out. She was all smiles enjoying all the loud crazy music! I wish we could work these trips out to be every few months. Our family would greatly reward from it because we all come back ready to attack life after a weekend of fun, good eats, laughter and just being together! Talk to Jay about it and see what you can come up with!!!... Thanks for all the fun! I miss you like Crazy! I am going to have get on the blog often and look at these photos to remember the Magic! Thank Jay for sharing you and Jayne with us! I know it is a rough weekend on him! I bet his back was in all sort of knots with out his nightly back rub. I love you.. I love Jayne. Whisper to her often her Aunt Kelly Loooooooves her!
xoxoxox

oodlesofoversons said...

You guys are so cute! That looks like so much fun! My favorite, of course, is the cheering business. remember when you put me up in a vader once? Never again! Let's play sometime...I think I need to get my hands on that little Jayne!

STEPHANIE said...

Looks like you had a BLAST! So fun! I would love to go to Florida!

Mindy said...

I love girls weekends!! Always so much fun! It looks like you guys had a great one! What a fun tradition!

Gwen said...

Kim, that really was the very, very best! I always love being with you. Having Jayne there to look at every minute was such a treat for me. She is such a good, gorgeous baby. You were like that. Lucky me. Kim I love you, and everything that has anything to do with you. Your goodness overflows to your family and to all of us. Thank you for you!

JaMie HeApS said...

oh we did have fun!!! there is nothing like this girls get a way!!! thank you so much fo rhelping me with my boys i hope they were okay for you. and i hope you partying in moab right now. wish i was there to cruz on the rinos with you.

atkinson family said...

Kim- Looks like so much fun. I also love the cheer pictures, laughed out loud! Im glad my sisters live close but what a great reason to get away! Im glad you found some time to relax and hang out with your sisters. Way fun!

Lisa said...

How fun for you! It's always nice to getaway and have some R&R. That's a neat tradition you and your sisters have. You probably look forward to it every year. Glad you were able to go...looks like there was never a dull moment!