Saturday, July 26, 2008
Jason using using his decorating skills to get the trailer ready for the big Wallsburg 24th Parade.
Cutest bunch of kids in the parade! Emilee and Jenny got to drive the 4 wheeler this year and the rest of the kids in the back threw candy and waved. Jason and I couldn't keep up with Em to see if they were doing okay. We were happy to see them all alive and well at the end of the parade route.
We had TWO big WINNERS this year. Uncle Matt takes the competition very serious every year and his boys always end up with something at the end. Jace was the big winner of the Chicken Chase. I was so impressed how Dax and Jace had no problem carrying the chicken around. Way to Go BOYS!
Abbie, Millie and Isabelle entered the goat dressing contest.
As you can see Isabelle was the brave one and had no problem handling the goat. Abbie on the other hand was a little hesitant. I thought they did GREAT!
Our Sunshine has turned 6.
Another FUN year at Flaming Gorge!! A whole week of being together as a family and playing hard.
The kids love to be pulled on the tube. This year we went through 3 tubes because we had such wild rides.
One of the best parts of the trip is spending some quality time together in the trailer at night. We love to play cards and tell stories.
Lucy showing off her new ear rings and lip gloss she got from our family party one night.
Grandma and Grandpa Miller took good care of us all!! We had some great food and the kids always looked forward to heading over to their campsite for some yummy pancakes for breakfast. Thank You!!
Wednesday, July 9, 2008
Lucy is 3 and it is breaking my heart. I love the age of two and we have had the funnest year with her! She keeps reminding me that she is going to school this year and is already wanting to be with her friends more than her mom. She is an independent spirit and knows just what she wants. You wouldn't know she is our baby because she rules the house.
But Oh do we love her!!!
The three top things I love about Lucy:
1. She is full of spunk and loves life! She isn't afraid of anything and wants to go boating, tubing, down all the slides at 7 peaks, wants to ride on the motorcycle, you name it she wants to be in the center of it all!
2. She loves her family. She loves sleeping with Abbie, dancing with Emme, ( you should see her moves) , wrestling and laughing with Max, she HAS to give her dad a kiss every morning before he leaves to work and she likes to help her mom in the kitchen.
3. She is little miss social and loves to be with people. She wakes up each morning happy and ready to head out to find her friends. The only problem is she thinks she is 12. She loves to play or talk to anyone and will preform for anyone that will stop and listen to her for a second. She asks every neighbor, aunt, or anyone she is talking to, can I come to your house to play? Or, can I sleep at your house? She is always trying to find a party.
Lucy please stop growing up! You make our house so happy and WE LOVE YOU SO!!!
Max- Out of all the little boys in the world, How was I lucky enough to get you? You are the Joy in our family and I truly feel so lucky to be your mom! You are good through and through!
8 things I love about my Max:
1. He is a real boy. Loves to play all sports, shoot guns, wrestle, get dirty, and do boy things with his Dad.
2. He loves to laugh! (Sometimes it gets his mom a little mad because he can't stop.)
3. He never wants to hurt anyone's feelings and is the peacemaker in our home. Even his friend once told me that we call him the peacemaker because he never wants anyone to get mad and fight. He is kind to everyone!
4. He loves his sisters and treats them like his best friends.
5. He takes out the garbage and is a big help around the house. He is even getting good at the dishes!
6. He tries his very best at everything he does. In sports he has this look of sheer determination on his face and he gives 110%. He doesn't like to lose and takes everything very serious. I have never seen anyone so determined to make a goal in soccer this year than Max and he won't stop until he does!
7. He is willing to try anything even if he is a little unsure. Max gets his cautiousness from his Mom but he doesn't let fear get the best of him. He gets out on the knee board behind the boat and wakeboards with his Dad. He loves to try all things and have fun!
8. Max has a very tender heart and wants to do what is right. He never wants to get in trouble! He is very obedient and is a good example to our family. He is excited to be baptized and become a scout.
We love you Max! We have been so blessed to have you for a Son!
Happy 8th Birthday!